Forgotten music

jeff oakley

We got Amazon Prime at Christmas and with it came music as well. I started looking and there were albums which I loved in the past so I thought I would listen again and see if time had dimmed them.

First up was A Night At The Opera by Queen, wow not a single duff track, I was transported back to where life was just less complicated. Next Up Be Bop Deluxe followed by Black Sabbath. Now there are so many on there to listen to from the past.

Anyone feel the same when reconnecting with forgotten albums?

“Awake and Breathe” by B*Witched. They absolutely smashed that difficult second album. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I sold all my vinyl when CDs appeared, what a mistake!

Then I had a subscription to Deezer with a bit of Bose kit and could again listen to Wishbone Ash, The Moody Blues, Zep and The Floyd and yes, Sunburst Finish by Be-Bop Deluxe and many more.

Great music just doesn't diminish with the passing of time.

• Sad 1

What about "didn't even know about it" music?

I like a good outer space story and was only recently reminded that the gold record disc on Voyager 1 contains "Dark was the Night Cold was the Ground" by Blind Willie Johnson, who's life was unbelievably tragic but who's music has just left our solar system and could conceivably outlive the planet which so cruelly cast him asunder. This most famous song of his is appropriately haunting considering where it is right now. Youtube it...

As Kevin says, great music doesn't diminish with time.

On 02/03/2019 at 20:39, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

I sold all my vinyl when CDs appeared, what a mistake!

Then I had a subscription to Deezer with a bit of Bose kit and could again listen to Wishbone Ash, The Moody Blues, Zep and The Floyd and yes, Sunburst Finish by Be-Bop Deluxe and many more.

Great music just doesn't diminish with the passing of time.

Same music I listened to when I was a bit younger.  I did borrow a friends album a few weeks ago from his vinyl shelves.  - In The Court Of The Crimson King.

Still sounds good to me.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2019 at 11:17, jeff oakley said:

Anyone feel the same when reconnecting with forgotten albums?

No!!! .................

Still have ALL my 'forgotten' albums on vinyl &/or cd, and the means to play them :)

& still sit down and listen to them in Hi Fidelity.

On 02/03/2019 at 11:55, Archibald Meatpants said:

“Awake and Breathe” by B*Witched. They absolutely smashed that difficult second album. 

.... I thought this thread was about music :p:d