hi guys new member.....2.0 ecoboost ecu

jimjim

hi guys im a new member just signed up today hope everyone is well im searching for the bosch ecu to run a 2.0 ecoboost maybe someone is swopping out for something else and are no longer using theirs please let me know thank you in advance 

welcome to the font of all knowledge....cars or anything else

• Like 1

Can't help with your question, but :ww: from Essex.

I'm sure someone with a more useful response will be along shortly!

• Like 1

B

Bit more to go on might be useful?

A few of us here have built Westfield Sport 250's but they come with the Ford ECU and don't think anybody here has mentioned changing any of them, or had any reason to consider doing so :westy:

ok its for a a project of mine with an ecoboost conversion. ive noticed a few owners of the 250s and 300s discussing using sbd management as its easier to tune etc i dont have a great deal of funds for the project so i thought id see if anyone has the original ford performance system sat on a shelf 

Assuming your EcoBoost came out of a Ford, is the ECU not available?

Don't believe that WF actually do anything to the Ford ECU, as I don't think anybody can so maybe one from a breakers with the standard loom?

TBH I'd consider the 1600 EcoBoost lots of upgrade options used by those "C" cars I have been told :westy:

You could try Dave at http://www.gemzoe.com/ he know a lot about the options on the 1600.

As above there are a few of us who are using the 1.6 ecoboost, just as much power available (about 230bhp standard, 300+ with different turbo) but more sevenesq (lighter, more aftermarket suppliers). There are non performance reasons WF have been using the 2.0 but if that's what you want to go with, want a tuneable ECU, and don't have deep pockets for the MBE or Liferacing systems take a look at SCS they do an ECU for both engines... https://www.scs-delta.co.uk/product-page/ford-2-0-ecoboost-management-kit

The ecu from a standard focus will not work. It requires all sorts of inputs from other systems to make it run. The ford racing supplied bosch ecu that west westfield use is modified to work on a standalone engine. But is locked and can't be remapped, well not easily anyway. I spoke to a few places in the states who could get into the ecu but none locally.

If I were going down the ecoboost route again I would 100% go for the scs delta ecu for a number of reasons. The main one being able to tweak the map to suit whatever car your fitting it to. 

4 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

The ecu from a standard focus will not work. It requires all sorts of inputs from other systems to make it run. The ford racing supplied bosch ecu that west westfield use is modified to work on a standalone engine. But is locked and can't be remapped, well not easily anyway. I spoke to a few places in the states who could get into the ecu but none locally.

If I were going down the ecoboost route again I would 100% go for the scs delta ecu for a number of reasons. The main one being able to tweak the map to suit whatever car your fitting it to. 

yep let me know if you ever upgrade and want to sell your bosch ecu cheers

7 hours ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

As above there are a few of us who are using the 1.6 ecoboost, just as much power available (about 230bhp standard, 300+ with different turbo) but more sevenesq (lighter, more aftermarket suppliers). There are non performance reasons WF have been using the 2.0 but if that's what you want to go with, want a tuneable ECU, and don't have deep pockets for the MBE or Liferacing systems take a look at SCS they do an ECU for both engines... https://www.scs-delta.co.uk/product-page/ford-2-0-ecoboost-management-kit

:yes: