Curborough Sprint Course Breakfast Meet, Sat 9 March, 10.30

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

The first breakfast meeting at Curborough is on Saturday 9th March, 10.30am. Come along in any car that suits the weather that day and have a good old catch up on how your car is running with fellow Westfield experts. The van sells bacon butties and lashings of tea, there will be something interesting wizzing around the track too.

For anyone who is coming for the first time the address is Curborough Sprint Course, Netherstowe Lane, Lichfield, WS13 8EJ, follow the brown signs. Toilets are at the entrance as well as down in the paddocks. The Westfield crew are normally near the food wagon. 

If the weather is ok I will be doing an optional run out up into the Southern part of the Peak District, finishing with a cake stop.

Anyone free next Saturday morning?

• Like 1

Might see if I can make it over for a bacon buttie and a catch up!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Might see if I can make it over for a bacon buttie and a catch up!

Haven't you got a car to finish rebuilding or is it ready! :p

5 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Haven't you got a car to finish rebuilding or is it ready! :p

I have, if I’m honest, I’m more likely to nip along if the weathers poor than if it’s good.

• Like 1

But you’re right, I do need to get home and crack on, afterwards.

• Haha 1

Sorry, can't make this one as I will be working on the Westy. Sounds like a great event though, so I hope to be along to one of these later in the year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

yep should be ok for me.. tin top for me

• Like 2

Think I might be up for this, but in my new toy, as that has got a roof! It is likely to be 10.30 or just after before i can get there though.

• Like 2

Picked up my westy yesterday and the heavens opened. Don’t think it could of rained any harder so the wife and I are up for breakfast and a run round the Peak District. Really looking forward to our first outing and some cake:orange-westy::filfan:B1AC4CAD-6069-49FE-B6BB-D841E467B840.thumb.jpeg.d871eaa40bc162ad6d482c3aab3c6b60.jpeg

• Like 5

Thank you for all your replies. Although I am bearer of bad news I also have a remedy. The bad news is that there will be no action on the track, so it is a bit strange that the tea wagon is still there and the breakfast meet is still on, hopefully it won't put too many people off and there may still be some static cars to look at from visitors like us.

The other bad news is that the current forecast is for showers so that may mean that we will be coming in the MX5 rather than the Westfield BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS that we can still have a little run up to our favorite cafe in Wetton afterwards, which of course means that cake is on!

It will be interesting to compare a Mazda engine in both kinds of cars if Richard does come in his new Westfield and we do come in the MX5 though.

I have changed the meeting time to 10.30am, otherwise we are likely to miss each other and it fits in with us Stephen.

So it's meet up at Curborough as normal and have a chat and a brew/bacon butty, then for those that want to we can have a strange tin/rag top convoy up to Wetton.

See you all there on Saturday :t-up:

• Like 2

It’s only a fair comparison Julie if you come with the roof up and the doors off like me:dthink it’s only a few bolts and you’ll have them off

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

I have changed the meeting time to 10.30am, otherwise we are likely to miss each other and it fits in with us Stephen.

Oh dear, I suppose I'd better get out and wash it now as it is looking a bit grubby, and it's raining. Funny how you can go off people.:d

Hoping the weather will be reasonable so we can turn up with a fully bolted on nose cone this time!!!

• Like 2