It Almost Looks Like A Car

OK, looking at getting my daughter her first car.

After going through the same thing a couple of years ago with my son, ideally it will be:

Under 8 years old

Small engine

Very low insurance group

Have plenty of airbags!

Not to worried about the milage as long as it has been well looked after.

Decent amount of MOT left

Budget around the £2k mark

Something like a Yaris/Swift/Rio/Twingo/i10/Panda or something else that fits !

If you have anything get in touch.

Thanks

Yep, have thought about a Fiat 500, but they are more expensive to insure for young drivers, apparently it is becuase they are the vandalised model of small car!

My daughter has got on well with her Skoda Fabia. Mixed motorway and country road driving, plenty of room for kit and there's plenty of custom/tuning gear around if she wants it. There's even a good Skoda forum (not as good here, obviously) in briskoda.

Gary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of the fiat 500. Fabia is a sound car. Cheap Fiesta could do the trick. Nicer to drive than the Corsa and you could get a nice spec if you're not too worried about mileage. Alternatively a Peugeot 208. Small, cheap and readily available.

If you are looking at a couple why not give us a call and we can look at some quotes :)

In Thatcham 01635 874646 we have young driver policies, but also, we have a young driver branch as well within A-Plan who offer the black box options.

Good luck with your search!

Carlie

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.