JK Composite

hammie

Hi guys

Anyone in Hampshire area with JK seats who would be willing to let me have a sit in them. Mine has lost 40kgs over the winter and looking for a bit more but at 6'2" i have removed the drivers seat runner to drop me a bit more below the screen frame so i dont want to go any higher but lower even more would be good.

I'd be interested too. I hope you don't me hijacking your thread. I'm looking to replace my seats soon, so I wouldn't mind trying some, though I'm only 5'10".

I'm Basingstoke -ish.

Im miles away from you so can't help with showing you a car,  but I'm 6", and the JK's in bases & on runners are too high for me, i haven't measured but I'm guessing they are 2"  higher than stock sports seats on runners.

Im going to try it without the runner when time allows but even then a runners only maybe 15mm or so so not sure it will be worth it.

You might be ok if you get the seats without the JK bases and don't use runners but otherwise your eye line will be over the windscreen for sure.

Great guys to deal with though and very very comfy.

10 hours ago, hammie said:

Hi guys

Anyone in Hampshire area with JK seats who would be willing to let me have a sit in them. Mine has lost 40kgs over the winter and looking for a bit more but at 6'2" i have removed the drivers seat runner to drop me a bit more below the screen frame so i dont want to go any higher but lower even more would be good.

Have you got lowered floors?

I have lowered floors & JK’s without runners & I can just about see over the aero screen & I’m 6.

At a guess I’ve got 30-40mm under the seat, if you want lower then Tillett’s more or less touch the floor pan at the lowest point.

1 hour ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

Have you got lowered floors?

I have lowered floors & JK’s without runners & I can just about see over the aero screen & I’m 6.

At a guess I’ve got 30-40mm under the seat, if you want lower then Tillett’s more or less touch the floor pan at the lowest point.

Lowered floors are the answer.  Think mine would be spot on then.

I don't have lowered floor. Is this possible without chassis work as I have steel plates running side to side for the seats to bolt to. These would need lowering as well. Does anyone have photos.

I'm 6'2" with JKs on Westfield runners and have been happy with the height. I don't have a windscreen any more so that helps.

I'm not a million miles away, near Reading Berkshire if you would like to try them out.

I'm 6ft Have lowered floors and JK seats they have made a big difference I retained the Westfield sports seats runners , The header rail on the windscreen used to be in my line of sight with the sports seats now with the JK's I'm below it and I can keep my hat on up about 70 mph when before it would come off at anything over 50mph Best thing I have done bar the engine upgrades. the JK's are also much more comfortable the sports seats which offered no lumber support and used to cause me back ache.. 

Thanks all for input. Will think about lowered floor option first. How much does it give you.

Thanks Tim for the offer to take a seat but the need is to get below the screen a bit more which an aero won't give me the comparison but I appreciate the offer. Your a gent. 

A lowered floor will give you about 50mm

You could also try removing runners & lifting just the front of the seat to give you a more layed back position which the jk’s do.

This is just so critical.

I have a flat floor, a removable wheel about 120mm off the dash and JKs with a 20mm wooden spacer at the front. My seats have a proper base. I am just shy of 6' and have short(ish) legs. My knees bend up behind the wheel a bit and I'm soooo comfortable!

Try it bit by bit with the lowered floor last on the list. Good luck!!

I found an old topic on net with a picture of the steel seat supports. I've done a drawing of the floor as I want it and will get some dims on it over the weekend . Imgoing to taper it up from the front of the foward mount to the crossbar to join the rest of the floor and drop the seat mounts 50mm . I'm just going to do the drivers side for the time being. 

On 02/03/2019 at 14:58, Snappy said:

Anyone know what the weight difference is between the sport seats and jk's??

JK’s with the seat padding and self supporting base are actually heavier than the standard sports seats.  If you don’t need seat runners you can bolt the seat direct to the floor and rear bulkhead without the seat base.

• Like 1