Jump to content
Rich201060

IVA 8th March

Recommended Posts

Only 2 weeks to go so as promised here's some images for scrutiny:

IMG_2528.thumb.JPG.46670a86487f29f16a04118001549a6c.JPG

IMG_2529.thumb.JPG.bbb9603a848f7fb669295a57d3f6301d.JPG

IMG_2530.thumb.JPG.ec2a4cd0f5e3161b720e593ef527c5b8.JPG

IMG_2531.thumb.JPG.560efde63598b3ca75e1db6f17f00e3d.JPG

IMG_2532.thumb.JPG.911e174340b8973807ba217191bf1e06.JPG

IMG_2533.thumb.JPG.2d010a6b2a39421006d45b6697e2ea51.JPG

IMG_2534.thumb.JPG.d356b2bb7dc584c5da2eef901fb68af1.JPG

IMG_2535.thumb.JPG.1a67233512ef3f7fa0b38e8cbcd6818c.JPG

IMG_2536.thumb.JPG.ac77fa27df7ceb0834b9d0271d04ac76.JPG

IMG_2537.thumb.JPG.086b098f4234c28a98cdd93379f1811d.JPG

IMG_2538.thumb.JPG.a0dc383f6ba55960f5a95995ee9a7ec6.JPG

IMG_2539.thumb.JPG.c427959d0621b9f4cd64f26e6db0deca.JPG

IMG_2540.thumb.JPG.bae161425afed0c407ff185acb0620b9.JPG

IMG_2541.thumb.JPG.df73fb033a208db41a16bd0531b41874.JPG

IMG_2542.thumb.JPG.2d158fee8a0753e70da65f87187a3f21.JPG

IMG_2543.thumb.JPG.f8f06f6452a4694a487ff74580bd3d2f.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good. Sure you have, but just in case: Have you checked the outer end of the silencer clamp bolt can't be contacted by the "cone test".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great. One thing I would do, is if you have any rubber edging left, to put it either side of the ecu tray . It should just take any argument out :t-up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Looks good. Sure you have, but just in case: Have you checked the outer end of the silencer clamp bolt can't be contacted by the "cone test".

Do you mean the hexagon end, If so Its facing down at 45 deg so not sure. If I'm honest I don't understand the cone test fully .

 

10 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Looks great. One thing I would do, is if you have any rubber edging left, to put it either side of the ecu tray . It should just take any argument out :t-up:

The ECU tray is made from 8mm nylon with a radius on the edge, I didn't like the idea of the alli plate.I may just emery the edge a bit more though where the radius breaks out. 

 

thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rich201060 said:

Do you mean the hexagon end, If so Its facing down at 45 deg so not sure. If I'm honest I don't understand the cone test fully .

I was thinking of the thread end of the bolt, not the hexagon head. May be the a trick of the photo, just thought the thread end may be projecting out underneath the clamp enough to be contacted by the cone. Sorry not explaining very well!

Screen shot below from IVA Manual Section 16, may clarify what I'm getting at with the cone. It's used to identify the "theoretical floor line" Any thing above this line has to comply with the requirements of Section 16 Exterior Projections. Under this line is considered exempt as I understand it.

image.thumb.png.0bfb376fcd843f2e7be15c7d069d2ece.png

Hope this helps, apologies if it's a red herring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, agree with Adge. You have a domed nut on the clamp so you have the option to rotate the clamp to a position so the other end is further in, therefore bringing it ‘inside’ the floorline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure if the S2000 is a different front end but my steering rack attaches from the bottom of the front hubs not the top like you have mounted them ?

I don’t have the manual to hand but I thought the mount chamfered in the hole if that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dean Goodall said:

Yep, agree with Adge. You have a domed nut on the clamp so you have the option to rotate the clamp to a position so the other end is further in, therefore bringing it ‘inside’ the floorline. 

@AdgeC Ok thanks I will check tonight I really should read the manual .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tc3nitro said:

I’m not sure if the S2000 is a different front end but my steering rack attaches from the bottom of the front hubs not the top like you have mounted them ?

I don’t have the manual to hand but I thought the mount chamfered in the hole if that makes sense.

Yes the S2000 is different and its not the first time that's been mentioned, thanks for your eagle eye though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich201060 said:

@AdgeC Ok thanks I will check tonight I really should read the manual .

IMHO it's useful to be able to to show the examiner if the opportunity arises that you have "looked" at the manual, but not profess to be an "expert" on it.

 Link to current manual: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/738819/individual-vehicle-approval-inspection-manual-passenger-vehicles.pdf

Looks a bit daunting at 300+ pages, not to bad if you focus on the relevant parts though ;)

Happy reading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

IMHO it's useful to be able to to show the examiner if the opportunity arises that you have "looked" at the manual, but not profess to be an "expert" on it.

 Link to current manual: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/738819/individual-vehicle-approval-inspection-manual-passenger-vehicles.pdf

Looks a bit daunting at 300+ pages, not to bad if you focus on the relevant parts though ;)

Happy reading

I'd echo this as well, I actually pointed out items I had changed or modified and why I had done so.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok only a week to go:

What official stuff do I need this is what i think

Speedo certificate

Proof of appointment

Gonna take my laptop for build photos ie picture of harness fixings etc 

IVA Test plate

Hobnobs !

Gonna take lots of kit and bolts pipe tape etc

Anything I've missed.

 

Thanks 

Rich

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.