Peak District Run, Sat 23rd Feb

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Nether End Car Park, Baslow, DE45 1SR at 10.30am for a quick gather together and then we will go up to The Barrel for a coffee and a view, it is only 5 minutes away. There are toilets at the car park.

Then we will wiggle around the Peak District, go to The Yonderman for lunch and see if there are as many motorbikes there as there was last Saturday, I gave up counting on 35!

Sound good? Wanna come?

Sorry nope. Busy. Getting youngest son off our hands and celebrating passing on all responsibilities to his new wife!!

• Like 1

Sorry - dashboard is still off as I try to sort the multi-coloured spaghetti behind it...

Looks like the weather will be kind too

8 hours ago, NigelO said:

Sorry - dashboard is still off as I try to sort the multi-coloured spaghetti behind it...

Looks like the weather will be kind too

Me too. Dash off spaghetti and also a new screen

Sorry tomorrow's job is finishing the rebuild before testing next week. Once you have wiggled round the peaks your all more than welcome to come grab a spanner and help at waterfall racing headquarters chesterfield :t-up:

• Haha 1

The route has been set so that's it, red cars rule tomorrow. Please remember the public car park that we are meeting at is on the OPPOSITE side of the road to The Wheatsheaf, it is next to the Cavendish Hotel. 

Hope everyone else has a productive time in the garage, except for Andrew who we wish all the best to for his son's wedding tomorrow.

• Like 1

A quick gather together and then it was up to The Barrel Inn for a coffee and a catch up on everyone's news

The Barrel Inn

DSC07274.JPG

At The Barrel Inn, parked on the 'sea front' there are wonderful views if the fog would just do one please

DSC07278.JPG

Then we went for a drive round, the roads were nice and quiet but we did follow a wobble box for a short while, pah, it is February, caravans are not allowed in the Peak District until the summer. The good news is that we did not find any cow poo. We arrived at The Yonderman and most of the motorbikes had already left, apparently it was packed earlier, it is a bit of a breakfast place though and we had come for lunch.

The Yonderman

DSC07280.JPG

Most of us had a full English breakfast for lunch, which set us up nicely for cake time, for which we went to the Insomnia Cafe. Appropriately named because Martyn had a little sleep while Glen held his nose.

DSC07284.JPG 

Coconut and chocolate bar, lemon drizzle, fruit cake and a pecan sponge cake were enjoyed as we sat outside in the sunshine. I had to pity poor Mo, sat at a crossroads with a load of car enthusiasts, who proceeded to name every kind of interesting car that went past. It was surprising just what we all saw, the weather brings them all out I think. We had a laugh though with Glen and Sue and their 'was it a snake or was it a hosepipe story'. We might be a bunch of old farts but we covered some strange topics and had a good laugh along the way, so thank you Chris and Mo, Martyn and Sue for being fabulous company for us.

DSC07285.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

You certainly got lucky with the weather yesterday. Sorry I couldn't make it but I was working on the Westy. See you soon.

• Like 1