Westy at auction

Gary Taylor

Almost 30 years old (since manufacture of the kit) and only one owner. Must be a classic. Looks clean enough for the age.

Any chance we can get to know how much it goes for at auction?

13 hours ago, stephenh said:

Almost 30 years old (since manufacture of the kit) and only one owner. Must be a classic. Looks clean enough for the age.

You just described me apart from the age.  Maybe I should put myself up for auction.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Sabtvr is what DVLA assigned vin numbers begin with. 

Never knew that Chris, but again why when it would have a Westfield supplied one to use? Could be a cheap car for someone

36 minutes ago, jeff oakley said:

Never knew that Chris, but again why when it would have a Westfield supplied one to use? Could be a cheap car for someone

Well there are two reasons I know of:

First -  if it was registered after the DVLA introduced 17 digit VIN numbers and it had the old style factory short VIN, then the DVLA may have insisted on a new VIN after IVA (or SVA)

Second - the DVLA tried this one with me (and failed!) - they may have insisted on removal of factory VIN and stamping in their own because the person dealing with the application was a total f-wit.  

Not sure either applied back in ‘89 though?

According to the advert., it was a 1989 kit, but only registered in 1995, so maybe that explains the vin?

9 minutes ago, stephenh said:

According to the advert., it was a 1989 kit, but only registered in 1995, so maybe that explains the vin?

That would certainly explain it. 

Not sure when Capn. Colonial was registered, but he certainly looks like an old kit!!:laugh::laugh: or words to that effect.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stephenh said:

Not sure when Capn. Colonial was registered, but he certainly looks like an old kit!!:laugh::laugh:

I love you too, Stephen :p:laugh:

*makes new "StephenH" page in revenge book*

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Not surprised with them daft wings on it :getmecoat:

:d

*puts yet another tick against Thrustyjust’s name in the book, looks for fresh pen...*

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.