Vibration - off topic not Westfield

Stuart

Any plumbers or vibration experts here?  New house has a water pressure booster pump upstairs and I'm trying to soundproof it.

Think I've stopped airborne noise and vibration from the pump itself to the floor, but it's hard plumbed in 22mm copper which is in turn hard fixed to studding. Vibration therefore transferring along the pipework to the wall. Any ideas how I could mount the pipework to stop this?  Not much room around it unfortunately.

Any ideas most welcome cos it's driving me mad!

Cheers,

Stuart

Is the pump on flexi-tails to the copper? Maybe they could be lengthened or add some plastic pipe between the pump and the copper?

• Like 1

Nothing flexible completely hard piped. Thought of fitting a section of armoured flexi pipe into the lines, but I've spoken to Wavin and they don't recommend. Not sure a length of hard plastic would do the trick. And upstream of the pump is a 500+ litre water tank so I can't risk any failures from vibration. Would therefore like to try to isolate first

That seems surprising - I'd always have expected 3/4" flexi connections to a pump for vibration isolation.

It was a quick fit connector I queried as it was the only full bore 22mm x 22mm flexi I could find. So I think they may have been concerned about the connectors. Nearly all others are 22mm x 3/4" tap tails so no good. The only compression to compression one I have found only has a 13mm bore which has obvious implications. But even a full bore 22mm x 22mm compression flexi (if I could find one) would only get fitted if I can't isolate the vibration in the current setup

Set up on my Monsoon pump armoured flex onto copper pump has isokating rubber ribbed pad underneath49168B32-33F3-4705-9F6A-B25234695C9E.thumb.jpeg.58a3caed295df8122f2265c931e98da7.jpeg

Are those flexis all compression at one end and quick fix at the other Banshee? What is their ID? And what pressure does the pump run at? Mine says max 3.5 bar. Thanks for taking the trouble to post a photo

Hi from pump threaded to push fit definitely 22mm  then 2nd compression one end threaded the other pretty certain the second is a bath tap flex. If I remember correctly, it’s a 3.5 Stuart turner monsoon pump

• Like 1

You could get yourself to Wickes and buy this 2 pack. Cut out enough copper pipe to fit these in between as close as possible to the pump end connections.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/John-Guest-Speedfit-FLX26P-Flexible-Hose---22-x-22-x-300mm-Pack-of-2/p/121333

Think that the second hoses I have after the pump flex into the short copper pipe

Thanks all.  Jon it's 12mm rubber anti vibration pad under flagstone under 12mm rubber av pad under mdf under pump.  Issue I have with Speed fit is that Wavin, who arguably make the highest quality ones, have told me I should go for compression fittings.  So I think I need 22mm x 22mm compression fittings with little or no reduction on the pipe bore between.  And I can't find any! 

You can get full bore 22mm compression isolation valves from any decent plumber merchants, even screw fix or toolstation, will aid with maintenance etc. 

• Like 1

Resurrecting this (have been away).  Just one more question before I go for it - will braided flexibles be OK on the suction side of a pump or are they likely to be collapsed by the suction.  Can find nowt about this on the www.....