N Yorks. Trip to Sunny Skegness. Saturday 2nd March.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

On Saturday 2nd march I have an appointment near Skegness which will only take me 20 minutes. [Westfield related].

I will then head into Skegness for fish and chips and a look around before heading up the coast for a looksee.

I will be leaving Scarborough at 8.00am with a view to been in Skeggy for 10.15am.

I will be heading via Beverly and the Humber Bridge.

Anyone fancy joining me.

Sorry Geoff but I'm at work that weekend, this is not a good start to the new year of outings.

No but it’s the only day I can get this appointment. 

We can go somewhere the following weekend if you fancy it.

Hello Geoffrey. Would have loved a trip out - especially as you are in our County and relatively near but unfortunately we are not going to be around - funeral of a dear friend on Friday in the SE so we are going to be away. Age appears to be catching up and friends are beginning to fall off their perches. 

• Sad 1

Thanks for letting me know.

I know what you mean about people passing  away.

I have started the process of sorting out my will as people I know are already passing in their 50’s

• Sad 1

Sadly it’s starting to come round.

The one thing non of us escape.

What a great day today with me, myself and I. Left at 7.20am with roads to myself. Breakfast with Yorkshire pudding started the day. All that was missing was a piece of Di Woodcock chocolate cake. Passed Beverley Court House that I was the site manager on and responsible for building. Sun was out going over the Humber Bridge. Skegenss and Mabelthorpe, not sure what to make of them. More for families than a bloke on his own. Lincolnshire very flat and windy. Saw dinosaurs and helicopters landing. Buttercup performed faultlessly and I even had a go at some spirited driving. Brilliant day. 217 miles done.

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO I would love to post pictures but I don't seem to be able to anymore. Even trying to post one it now says the file is too big.

Can you assist me.

• 2 weeks later...

I fancy one of those northern breakfasts!!!