Mx-5 Track car Build AKA The Prawn

BenD

7 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Looks good I need to take it all out to dry it out. Changed a fuse today in the box on the drivers side and water came out of the fuse hole

Ha ha!! Oh dear. She's a wet prawn.

Just rip it all out mate. Check all the drain holes are clear and leave it at that. 

27 minutes ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

GT3 RS door pulls must knock off 10s a lap at Bedford

Easily. And the elbow space allows for superior drift legend status.

• 3 weeks later...

They're all of a muchness really, not fixed to anything very substantial, so a 6 point is better if you can get one, at least then it reaches the floor. That said I think you'd do very well to roll one unless something odd happened!

6 minutes ago, AdamR said:

They're all of a muchness really, not fixed to anything very substantial, so a 6 point is better if you can get one, at least then it reaches the floor. That said I think you'd do very well to roll one unless something odd happened!

never say never lol i have seen an mx5 in a scrappy that had been rolled without a bar it was pretty flat lol

It wasn’t a recommendation, just what Barny’s got. I’ve thankfully never been in Barny’s ****ter with him on top. 

FWIW back in the day I had a TR Lane on mine, but no one mentions them anymore.

• Like 1

trlane do seem to get some bad press but like adam says none of them seem to be fixed to anything substancial

Bit of half inch gas pipe and some 1/8" plate? :d Worked well for me.

• Like 1

A full cage-worth if material cost me £35 (plus a bit of gas and some welding wire obviously)... ;)

13 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Bit of half inch gas pipe and some 1/8" plate? :d Worked well for me.

Was it ever tested? :laugh: