Mx-5 Track car Build AKA The Prawn

BenD

Couple of bits of hose, cut holes in the front bumper and stick them in there, aim the other end at the hub. Bend at 90 degrees in the way, attaching to track rods works pretty well :yes: hard to explain but I've no pics sadly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Couple of bits of hose, cut holes in the front bumper and stick them in there, aim the other end at the hub. Bend at 90 degrees in the way, attaching to track rods works pretty well :yes: hard to explain but I've no pics sadly.

Think I get the picture, have got some bits of hose, might take some with me on Monday and have a go during the day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdamR said:

Yeah you need some brake cooling Barny!

I've seen 1.5g and no oil issues, slicks are fine with standard sump. It's a good design, if you've chopped it down then that's why you're struggling Dommo.

I think that's largely it. The sump is winged and so net is more oil near the pickup, but it probably finds it too hard to reach the pickup. Pressure doesn't drop until just over 2 seconds into the braking zone, but starts to pick up again 1.5 seconds later when I'm coming back off the brakes. Obviously not low enough to kill the engine, but definitely low enough to make me wince... might have to invest in one of those accusump efforts. Yay, more weight!

Yes. Matt Lewis Racing. Be prepared to snap the hard line by the rear offside wheel and need to replace it!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Yes. Matt Lewis Racing. Be prepared to snap the hard line by the rear offside wheel and need to replace it!

i had seen the matt lewis kits that was going to be my next question lol

2 hours ago, AdamR said:

Agreed!! I bought the EBC hose kit though as the mx5oc offers a strong discount with EBC, so made it good value.

Exactly what Adam described happened to us :d Fortunately Marto had just the right length of brake line and all the tools to replace the line.

We've just fitted new discs, new mintex 1144 pads, new caliper sliders and the aforementioned hoses all round. The braking force is insane now! 

well brake lines are ordered brakes are rebuilt and ready to go back on. ive got my roll bar ive got some seats just need to find a decent set of harnesses and a few hours here and there and i may be ready for my first track day

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BCF said:

Awesome, let me know what you have planned! We're at Cadwell on 5th April...

bit too soon for me i think but ill see

1 hour ago, Ben (bunje) said:

@AdamR@BCF is there any guides anywhere for the ball bearing mod for the master cylinder while i have the brake system apart seems like an ideal time to do it

Lol to @AdamR reply!! Ben means the brake bias mod to put more braking effort to the back mate ;)

Ben - I don't think Adam has got a guide unless it's on his munter thread, but as I recall, it's as simple as unscrewing the nut on the bulkhead side of the cylinder, removing the innards, and putting it back again. Unfortunately Martin did it when I wasn't there so I'm afraid I can't be any more helpful.