Mx-5 Track car Build AKA The Prawn

BenD

2 hours ago, BCF said:

That'll happen a lot. We're on our second set of calipers now. As they're all refurb units they don't seem to last long (especially as ours is kept outside). Interested to see if the better brake fluid helps in any way. 

i rebuilt them on my westfeild and never had any problems with them. ive gotta do a full system bleed what fluid are you going to be using now?

10 minutes ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

Yeah but it’s only dot 4 ;);) 

You're only dot 4

• Like 1

Maybe I'll have to invest in some decent fluid. Mine Is bound to be full of water after the car was standing for so long 

Our brakes were cooking. We were burning through a full set of pads every trackday (standard apec pads). Partly I think because the discs were effed, partly because of a couple of seized calipers, but anything that helps brake temps can't be a bad thing!

I'm struggling under braking, though I have less of a "well" than the standard sump. Is baffled though! Anything beyond 0.5g braking seems to be showing abnormal pressure drops for me. Over 0.8g produces some scarily low drops!

16 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

If I run my mx5 on slicks does the sump need additional baffling? 

MX5s are more fun with less grip!

6 minutes ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

MX5s are more fun with less grip!

Agreed! 

9 minutes ago, Dommo said:

I'm struggling under braking, though I have less of a "well" than the standard sump. Is baffled though! Anything beyond 0.5g braking seems to be showing abnormal pressure drops for me. Over 0.8g produces some scarily low drops!

I had a proper baffle In the westfield and never had any problems. You do have alot more power than I did though 

Yeah you need some brake cooling Barny!

I've seen 1.5g and no oil issues, slicks are fine with standard sump. It's a good design, if you've chopped it down then that's why you're struggling Dommo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Yeah you need some brake cooling Barny!

Anything I can do here Adman? Could be helpful to us all!