Thames Valley Orienteering Event

Thrustyjust

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who took part we collected £341 on the day and all of it will be going to Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care.

Special thanks again to @Thrustyjust and his family for organising the event.

IMG_20190630_132654.jpg

Great day out, thank you Justin for organising the event. 

Weather perfect and some of those local roads are great for a blat 😁

Really excellent day. Thanks to Justin & Karen for their extraordinary time and effort to plan the day.

Very well organised event, great roads, great local history, a real good laugh too; it's now clear to me how much effort had been put in and I hope an inspiration to other's to do likewise. Decent sum of money raised too and if folks would like to add to the pot in memory of John, that would be fantastic, just go to https://www.pth.org.uk/supporting-the-hospice/make-a-donation/

Well done Justin, Karen and Tim. We came last as the only ones to stop for a refreshing coffee during the search for clues. Well done to the highest score of 675 compared to our 60. Had some nice conversations with a few “proper” locals in some of the villages who improved the event by giving a few misleading directions. 

On 30/06/2019 at 22:23, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Very well organised event, great roads, a real good laugh too; it's now clear to me how much effort had been put in and I hope an inspiration to other's to do likewise.

Way ahead of the ball already, the Scottish Lowlands Mystery/Navigation Run (August 24th Saturday) has been planned, set up and ready to go for over a year now! (and perhaps was a little inspiration for the Thames event?)

Offering 200 miles of some of the best roads south of Glasgow to the border, with almost zero traffic to dull the fun, just needs a bunch of Westies to make it a great day out. Is there anyone south of the border want to come show the Scots how it's done?!

Roll up, roll up. all the fun of the circus!

Thanks to Tim, Justin and everyone who organised.

Absolutely brilliant event , great to meet everyone. Reminded me to fix my car and get out and drive it ! 

Have uploaded some pics here

Rob (Passenger in Dave's JPS liveried MEV Exocet)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bahnstormer said:

Thanks to Tim, Justin and everyone who organised.

Absolutely brilliant event , great to meet everyone. Reminded me to fix my car and get out and drive it ! 

Have uploaded some pics here

Rob (Passenger in Dave's JPS liveried MEV Exocet)

Great writeup and pictures. Thank you.