Tyres

Richard Houlgate

I will be competing with my 2.3 Duratec H pattern gearbox road going (taxed and insured) Westfield in class B.

The car has worn Toyo Proxes R888 185/60 R13 80V at the front and 205/60 R13 86V at the rear, these need replacing.

I understand that I have to take a tyre from list 1B, but it's a long list! Which is the best option please?

And where is the best place to buy them?

image.png.91a5d62782753dbec56d62d4c61d25d9.png

Extreme vr2 or nankangAr-1's are my choices Richard I ran Ar1's last season with good results

On 07/02/2019 at 22:25, syman84 said:

Extreme vr2 or nankangAr-1's are my choices Richard I ran Ar1's last season with good results

Hi Simon, what width Nankang’s did you use? I’ve just fitted a pair of 235 wide on my rear rims to see if they fit under the arches.

Si

1 hour ago, SimonRad said:

Hi Simon, what width Nankang’s did you use? I’ve just fitted a pair of 235 wide on my rear rims to see if they fit under the arches.

Si

I was running 15inch wheels last year so 205 rear 195 fronts. switching to 13's this year so likely to be still 205 rear and 185 front. 235 is to wide for my power I think?

Simon;

Regarding Extremmes.. what have you heard? I've seen some comments that they overheat really easily... Whitch compound is the way forward?

Not that I'm planning to invest in any, but I'm curious on peoples views

Compound R5 seems to be the way to go. They now have a 205/60/13 available as well. Until one of us SS competitors take the leap I don't suppose we will have any data to back up the information as most of the stuff I have seen has been fwd hot hatch type cars. I did see one report of overheating but only at hearwood at the top.

Ok, Thanks.

They weight quite a lot too compared to nankangs and toyos. That will be because no matter how good is the compound, is still a retread tyre.

Will see how the nankags wear off, and I may bite the bullet.

16 minutes ago, maurici said:

Ok, Thanks.

They weight quite a lot too compared to nankangs and toyos. That will be because no matter how good is the compound, is still a retread tyre.

Will see how the nankags wear off, and I may bite the bullet.

They are now doing new casing as well