Goodwood (Regis Sprint) Regs and Entry Form - 20th April

Tigger

also meant to say no problems with noise even with no silencer .all day 

The usual closed season feedback was that folks wanted more southern events.

So far we have had Castle Coombe and Goodwood with a grand total of 2 Westfields (plus 1 Westfield who couldnt get an entry and some single seaters)

Wiscombe is this weekend and so far only 1 Westfield that we know of is going

So 3 x southern events and 3 x Westfield entries. Not looking good for continued inclusion in future years at moment.

Come on guys, use them or lose them

• Thanks 1

Hi John,  Although it doesn't help after the event, I would have done Goodwood if it was not over the Easter weekend.  When I signed up for the Speed Series this year I thought that it was the meeting on 11th May which I am signed up for.

john percentage wise per competitor how does that stack up there are a lot more competitors up north so you will always get more at them events . having said that i have not seen big entries at them events either . i thought this club was was for the whole membership not just the north . why should the speed series team constantly  threaten  pulling these events .

all you are doing is driving people away from the wscc speed series into local club events .and it will end up with the westfield northern speed series . 

I also entered the speed series this year, (my first time) and intended to compete in the events that are more southern based as I live on the south coast with maybe the odd away event thrown in but unfortunately I have had issues with the build of my car and so at this moment I can't commit to any events where ever they are. David

17 minutes ago, pete g said:

john percentage wise per competitor how does that stack up there are a lot more competitors up north so you will always get more at them events . having said that i have not seen big entries at them events either . i thought this club was was for the whole membership not just the north . why should the speed series team constantly  threaten  pulling these events .

all you are doing is driving people away from the wscc speed series into local club events .and it will end up with the westfield northern speed series . 

Pete

Its not a case of threatening to pull the events. You are completely missing the point here.

As John said there was a lot of vocal feedback from members complaining there were to few Southern events so steps were taken and we got Castle Combe back on the calendar, Goodwood for the first time in years, and made Gurston a weekend instead of one day and Wiscombe was put back on.

We also increased the number of hill events so those that prefer Hillclimbing could in theory do a championship on them without going to a sprint.

We also tried to get an extra Loton Park but we’re refused as they could not accommodate any more. 

I put a post up when the calendar was published imploring folk to support the events OR WE MAY NOT BE INVITED BACK by the organising club.

We as a club cannot just decide where we want to go and have to be invited by the organising club. 

Combe and Goodwood in particular have been oversubscribed so when they see only one or two Westfield’s entering they can easily choose not to invite us back.

Gurston had to be persuaded too as they can easily fill their events without us. 

Terry put a lot of work in to securing those invites following the off season feedback and so far they have received little support from competitors.

Im sorry but it’s a bit disingenuous to accuse the SSOT of threatening to remove them from the calendar.

They need to be supported by the competitors themselves or it will be out of our control.

We have listened and taken action, but we can only do so much.

IMHO the biggest put off for new competitors are unhelpful social media and forum posts which give the false impression this is not a friendly Championship.

You know as well as anyone that once new  competitors make it to the paddock they find that they are made welcome and are helped by others to get through the events with either advice or parts etc.

Of course if there are fewer Westfield’s at the events that makes it more difficult too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, overthehill said:

I also entered the speed series this year, (my first time) and intended to compete in the events that are more southern based as I live on the south coast with maybe the odd away event thrown in but unfortunately I have had issues with the build of my car and so at this moment I can't commit to any events where ever they are. David

David 

If you can get your car sorted by July try and get to the WSCC Blyton event if you can.

In fact come along anyway for the weekend to see how it all runs and meet up with other Westfield competitors. 

You will find the biggest Westfield entry of all the events too so lots of cars to check out and advice to be had.

Welcome to the Speed Series. 

• Like 1