Hulme End, Peak District, Sun 3rd Feb, 11.00

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

7.45 and setting off from the snow fields of Lincolnshire!EED45CFF-5D14-4E56-8713-F8719CEECE84.thumb.jpeg.e7d2668efb23a92738965d6bf5acefe5.jpegPosted this as I got in the car this morning but it didn’t go through so bit late but here it is!

• Like 2

Today would not even have happened if it were not for @aeg and his weather report, so thank you and well done, you will make a great weather girl one day :laugh: and Glen might fancy you too. When Andrew left home at 7.45am it was -3.5 degrees here, that's MINUS 3.5. Andrew, Glen and I drove into winter wonderland as we went on to the high ground of Hulme End, and waiting for us in the car park were Marie and BillyPee. It is always a pleasure to see Marie and I do hope she can join us all again soon with Michael too.

DSC07126.JPG

Soon to arrive were Martyn and Sue, with Andy and Becky following. Martyns car, co-ordinating with the phone box.

DSC07129.JPG

Icy car park

DSC07133.JPG

Bill coming was a lovely surprise as we had not seen his post, but then Simon, Michelle and 3 of their children surprised us too, how very wonderful. Michelle looked as radiant as ever, how can you look as good as that with all those children around? Simon had his co-coordinating 'Waterfall Motor Sports' t-shirt on (his Westfield is orange with a green stripe), love it, love it. We all grabbed a brew and settled down for a good catch up.

DSC07128.JPG

Marie and Simon left us here, but there was another surprise at Wetton when @rjc4176 Rob popped in to see us.

I took a decision that the back roads were a bit ropey and the route I had in mind would not be at it's best, so we went along a very pretty road and landed in Wetton safe and sound.

Wing mirror full of Westfields

DSC07145.JPG

DSC07144.JPGDSC07139.JPGDSC07141.JPG

We arrived at our second icy car park of the day

DSC07147.JPG

In the beautiful village of Wetton

DSC07152.JPG

We all had a healthy lunch and then because we eat a balanced diet............I will let you guess the next bit

DSC07156.JPG

Rebecca 2 slices :p (she will kill me for this one)

DSC07154.JPG

Martyn Eccles

DSC07157.JPG

Me? I had one of my five a day, chocolate and orange cake, with a proper pot of tea.

DSC07153.JPG

As we were all munching away a geezer came in, laughing away, it was Rob! what a fantastic surprise. He was on holiday in Wetton with 22 other members of his family and someone said to him 'Hey, Rob, there are some Westfields in the village' so he guessed it was us and popped in to say hello, brill. I love it when that happens. He had not been short of excitement on his holiday as he told us that he had been zooming around on a quad bike experience day in Ashbourne.

So all in all, for a day that nearly got cancelled, it has been super with lovely views and amazing company. It was freezing and my fingers did hurt most of the time with the cold. We washed the car off when we got home and the rain did come as forecast, just as we finished it, perfect timing. Thank you to everyone for coming today despite the freezing temperatures.

• Like 6

Thanks all for another wonderful day in the Peak District, we didn’t find it that cold in our car! we even turned down the heater:p as for me being Glen’s new eye candy(I’m to tall for him:laugh:) and Becky just wants to point out it was 2 half’s of cake not 2 whole cakes, take care till next time Andy and Becky

• Like 1
  • Haha 1