Muscle car rental USA

cast iron

Heading over to California early October for belated honeymoon

I know I've married a good one when I mentioned the cost of hiring a Dodge challenger and her reply was you only live once...

So with a green light in mind, has anyone experience of hiring a muscle car in the USA. I'm not interested in a Mustang, plenty on the road over here. Needs to be a Dodge challenger or a Camaro SS, any recommendations or experiences welcome

56 minutes ago, cast iron said:

I know I've married a good one when I mentioned the cost of hiring a Dodge challenger and her reply was you only live once...

We were looking at doing the Keys with a hire car and my missus went straight to the Ford Mustang and said “of course we have to hire one of these!”

• Like 1

I’ve  used Dollar a few times and the last twice had a Camaro, 1st time I picked up a bright yellow SS but their usual stock is the RS models. The SS was tremendous. Mustangs are 10 a penny and Challengers are quite rare from the regular rental company’s. I’ve also had a Chrysler 300, Ford Crown Victoria and a couple of Chargers. I’ll ask about as one of my mates goes out to California loads and is into his Challengers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, a15cro said:

Mustangs are 10 a penny

Don’t tell my wife that!

• Haha 1

Agreed 10 a penny and quite a few inthe UK

the wife would love a bumblebee..

12 hours ago, cast iron said:

Agreed 10 a penny and quite a few inthe UK

the wife would love a bumblebee..

That was my SS from Dollar. I’m part of a yank car group over here and the new Mustangs as nice as they are just don’t have the kudos (if that’s the right word) our older stuff seems to attract more attention. 

94987022-8F7C-4740-AE7F-D65136580D9E.jpeg

BBC16FB1-D5F1-4797-8560-5ED9322994A9.jpeg

23 hours ago, cast iron said:

wife would love a bumblebee..

No she hates yellow cars!

the Chevvy does look the part though

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

No she hates yellow cars!

the Chevvy does look the part though

This one was last years. Sadly an RS not SS.

04DD5681-D417-4606-8984-D31063A64D50.jpeg

Yer wife probably won’t know the difference between the Mustang and a Challenger, so go for the Challenger ,  or how about a Hennessy Mustang.

On 27/01/2019 at 12:29, a15cro said:

This one was last years. Sadly an RS not SS.

The wife and I are doing a road trip which we have planned for my 40th, we want to hire an SS or something special like that, so great thread :)

Were you limited on miles?  also did you have to take it back to the same place you hired it from?? 

Cheers 

9 minutes ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

The wife and I are doing a road trip which we have planned for my 40th, we want to hire an SS or something special like that, so great thread :)

Were you limited on miles?  also did you have to take it back to the same place you hired it from?? 

Cheers 

Are you sure its 40th and not 60th ? :p

• Haha 1

On 28/01/2019 at 15:24, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

Cheers 

No limit on miles and we always fly back from the same airport we pick it up from, so I’m not best placed to advise but would love to do a bit of a road trip. 

• Like 1