GBS Factory Open Day, Notts, Sat 23 March

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Think myself and Dave will be along as he has offered me a lift again as my WF is still up on jacks being "fiddled" with :westy:

• Like 1

The Westfields met up at McDonalds with the Burton Car Club. Martyn and Sue, Andrew and Clare, Scott and Charlie, Simon, Robin, Andy and us.

DSC07413.JPG

We took the unremarkable journey to GBS where the car park was already fairly full and it was only 10am, so we parked where we could basically.

DSC07416.JPG

DSC07417.JPG

We met Luke, Des and Debs, Bugman Steve and Barry making 16 club members in total, impressive.

We looked around the factory

DSC07415.JPG

Kicked some tyres

DSC07419.JPG

I marvelled at a Marcos that arrived. Before I ever knew Glen he used to have one of these as a daily driver and I rather like them, but you never see them. Fibreglass body, wooden floor and a 1.6GT engine in Glen's not a V8 as this one is. Glen's was black until he had it sprayed the same colour as this one.

DSC07418.JPG

After helping the GBS crew demolish some cake we decided we were hungry and went for lunch at Thaymar Ice Cream farm, just next to the A1 and Gamston airport.

Thaymar Ice Cream Farm

DSC07422.JPG

Like vultures circling we were

DSC07426.JPG

After a hearty lunch Robin set the ball rolling with his banana split

DSC07428.JPG

Others soon followed

DSC07429.JPG

I had the 2 scoop dream, brandy and orange flavour and coconut flavour ice cream

DSC07431.JPG

Clare had the Eton Mess

DSC07432.JPG

Then Andrew decided it was exercise time, as everyone joined in the panorama dance, that I am getting quite good at. Everyone is glad about that as it means less running around because I get the photo on the first take.

DSC07435.JPG

DSC07436.JPG

All too soon it was time to make the lengthy journeys home. Glen and I had found a hall on the way home so decided to have one cheeky last photo, as you do.

DSC07439.JPG

Thank you all for coming along today, it has been very enjoyable and as always GBS got the weather right. We are heading up to Northumberland tomorrow for a little holiday to see if Hadrian has finished that Wall :). We are back down next Saturday and will be desperate to get in the Westfield BUT it is Mothering Sunday, so I think we will be on our own unless someone shouts up and wants to join us. Whatever you do have fun and we will see you soooooon :love:

DSC07423.JPG

• Like 4

Why go to an ice cream farm and have real food? Start with the pudding. 

20190323_121756.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, just wow!!

Youve all surpassed yourselves. :laugh:

Sorry not to have made this one as I do like the look of those desserts. Kids kept me occupied Saturday wiring up their summer house. Did manage to have some fun in the little orange Westy today though. Affectionately names Kiki by the wife and kids. Went across to Chesterfield for dinner with friends and ended up taking one of them for a spin up and around Beeley triangle way. Came across a bright green Lamborghini who was more than willing to have a little fun although I think a little surprised that the little Westy was still looming in his rear view mirror across the tops. A cheeky thumbs up from both parties and back home for cheesecake :orange-westy::yes:

• Like 1

We regularly see the bright green Lambo, if it's the same one, I can't see there being many kicking around, reg is 444CA. The driving was definitely better for you as the journey to GBS is not exciting and views are somewhat plain too. A rally driver in a Westfield, jeez, I bet the Lambo guy was surprised!

Hope to catch up with you and Tash soon :yes::orange-westy: :dg-westy:

Was too busy looking at how huge it looked from behind in a tiny little Westy to notice the Reg:cool:  I would imagine the population of green Lambos in and around the Peak District is one :) Looking forward to another run out. When are you guys thinking of having a run out again?

We will be out on Sunday if the weather is good, be warned that it is Mothering Sunday which is why I haven't posted it in Events, but if you can make it out we are up for it. Failing that it will be the weekend after, we are generally out every weekend unless we are on holiday. When are you next available?

It’s my eldest sons Birthday get together with his friends for some bowling and food on Sunday so looks like it’ll have to be the weekend after

• Like 1