GBS Factory Open Day, Notts, Sat 23 March

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at McDonalds, Ollerton, 9.30am and take the very short journey to GBS, Ollerton, NG22 9ZD for 10am. Alternatively meet us there. The Kit Spares shop is open as well as the factory and there are free refreshments available.

Who is going?

33 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Meet at McDonalds, Ollerton, 9.30am and take the very short journey to GBS, Ollerton, NG22 9ZD for 10am. Alternatively meet us there. The Kit Spares shop is open as well as the factory and there are free refreshments available.

Who is going?

Me :)  

• Like 1

I should be off work, so if I remember I will be there. Probably not in the Westfield.

• Like 1

If it is dry, and if I haven't sold the XI by then, I might join you for this one. 

If I've sold the XI, will I be allowed to join you with my XKR? Mind you, that is only going out in reasonable weather.

• Like 1

Any kind of car is suitable for this event because we only convoy for a couple of miles and all that is in a 30mph zone. We generally go to this regardless of weather too.

• 1 month later...

The Burton Car Club are meeting us at McDonalds, so it should be another interesting convoy of tin tops and kit cars.

• Like 1

Sorry Julie - can’t make this one; will be flying back from America on sat morning. 

Have fun!

• Sad 2

Only if the weather is truly attrocious and I have no indoor Westfield jobs I can do, I’m afraid, otherwise, I’ll be home, work8ng on the car!

• Sad 2

On 24/01/2019 at 11:05, stephenh said:

If it is dry, and if I haven't sold the XI by then, I might join you for this one. 

If I've sold the XI, will I be allowed to join you with my XKR? Mind you, that is only going out in reasonable weather.

Bummer, just discovered that I'm baby sitting that weekend, so it'll be a no show from me, I'm afraid.

• Sad 1

And afterwards everyone is welcome to join us  for lunch at Thaymar Ice Cream Farm, DN22 8DB, which is half a mile from the A1 and only 5 miles from GBS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

And afterwards everyone is welcome to join us  for lunch at Thaymar Ice Cream Farm, DN22 8DB, which is half a mile from the A1 and only 5 miles from GBS.

Count us in. More food. More cake. Brill

• Haha 2

Weather report at the moment is 9 degrees, sunny intervals and a moderate breeze. You never know, Sir might even let me leave the MX5 at home and come out in the Westfield.

Nom, nom, nom I hope they do a Jaffa cake ice cream, ha, my mouth is watering writing this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/03/2019 at 21:31, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Only if the weather is truly attrocious and I have no indoor Westfield jobs I can do, I’m afraid, otherwise, I’ll be home, work8ng on the car!

ditto..

Dash wiring completed, scuttle refitted, new windscreen fitted and sealed... remaining to complete , refitting wipers, cleaning all the rubbish out the foot wells, oil change and clean it

Another year of winter tinkering that turned into a 2 month 'well as that's off..I might as well do that as well' marathon. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1