New member in Winchester

Tommo99

Hi all!

It's the year I finally buy a Westfield... on the lookout to pick one up in the next two or three months - I presume the number of buyers increases as the weather improves so want to get in early!

I plan on using the car for weekend drives, my country road commute occasionally in good weather, and perhaps get some lessons on the track - probably 3,000 miles per year total.  On that basis I'm looking for something with a car engine.  Budget max £10k but ideally a bit less - I don't need anything mad, just a bit of fun!

I've got most basic tools and am mechanically minded but quite inexperienced so looking forward to learning on the journey.  Ultimate aim is to build my own but for now I have a single garage with no power in it a short walk from my house, so that's something for the future!

I look forward to learning from you; it seems a great community here :)

• Like 3

Welcome!

it is indeed a great community with friendly folk willing to help and share advice freely.  You have come to the right place!

:ww: Tommo.

There have been some nice cars for sale just lately.

I am sure that one for you will be along soon.

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Great first step joining the club, super friendly, knowledgable and supportive members I've found. Best of luck with your search.

:ww: your in the right place the best “upgrade” I ever did was to join this club, in fact I think it’s fairer to call it a family than a club, such is the friendship, banter and help all so freely given 

Good luck with your search and don’t forget it’s compulsory to post pictures of the happy event when it happens 

Can't believe @Gary Taylor - Scotland AO for once speaks some non - gibberish truth :d

Welcome to the madhouse. This website is designed to make you spend hideous amounts of money , but you cant take it with you, so may as well blow it on something fun :black-westy:

That money should get a decent car and wise to buy from the forum as you can back up by other members on how good a car it will be. 

Only up the A34 a bit in Thatcham, so will hopefully catch up with the Hampshire boys this year :yes:

Oh and welcome.................forgot that bit Tommo :ww:

• Like 2

Welcome if there is anything I can help with give me a bell I'm just down the road in Chandler's ford

Cheers

Martin.

• Thanks 1

Wow, thanks guys! Great to see so many local members.  Look forward to seeing some of you at a meet later in the year perhaps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome.

I'm only up the road in Four Marks. If you'd like a 2nd pair of eyes to be cast over a potential purchase I'm sure any of us will oblige.:t-up:

• Thanks 1

Welcome from North Oxfordshire :ww:

A Westfield will be the ideal car for you based on that description of your potential use.  Enjoy!

Simon

PS - Coincidentally, just stopped off at the Winchester Tesco Extra at the M3/A34 junction on the way back from looking at a site to our office just south of Newbury.  Nice and sunny it was - the sun almost being too much as it was low.

Welcome...Your mechanical skills will grow even if the car is perfect and behaves perfectly,  as we all get a disease...UPGRADITUS.    It can be really serious... Early signs can be looking at carbon fibre covers...