Walker St Clair

Kevin Pullen

Are these covers any good when car is on a trailer or does anyone have any recommendations as like the idea of something that packs up small when out and about but looking at getting a SB4S half hood as standard roof doesn’t fit over RAC roll bar but this doesn’t enclose the cockpit

You wont be able to tow with the Walker St Clair cover, they baloon much like a parachute. Personally I use a tonneau cover to keep the inside dry but I think SBFS might do a cover that is suitable for towing with.

I've an RAC roll bar and use a half hood and doors when towing. I guess a tonneau would be better but as I don't have one I use what I have. My view is that it must help with aero dynamics and as I've driven in heavy rain with it having it on the trailer won't make it worse at keeping the moisture out.

I've the Westfield Version but I understood that SB4S did a RAC bar version also

I doubt whether you will find a car cover which wont scuff the paintwork/gelcoat if you put it in and tow at any speed with it on. And has been said, most if not all will balloon up as soon as you get much above jogging pace.

edited to add: when I towed my cars, I always used a tonneau cover, and if it was very wet I used an old towel and a sponge when I got to my destination.;):d

Lots of covers have been tried and failed when towing on an open trailer, even tried the Walker St Clair myself but is absolutely useless.  It is  however very handy for keeping the rain off when parked up on your travels, stow it behind one of the seats and it’s quick to throw over the cockpit.

Only ways to cover when towing is a full hood or tonneu.