Sierra handbrake switch

Tim Reid

Does anyone know where I can buy a new Sierra handbrake switch? Preferably online.

eBay searching and usual kit car places is drawing blanks for me. I've found them in Germany but don't want to pay more for postage than the part... https://www.motomobil.com/switch-hand-brake-warning-lamp,8063,15095750-3.html

I've found one that looks similar from a Landrover defender.

Tempting but I've already got a huge list of "just need to tweak..."

If I was only doing an engine and gearbox change I'd be nearly finished. 

33 minutes ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Tempting but I've already got a huge list of "just need to tweak..."

If I was only doing an engine and gearbox change I'd be nearly finished. 

Any excuse Tim :d

Quick google finds this place :

https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-replacement-parts/retro-ford-parts-parts-for-sierra-fiesta-cosworth-transit-smiley-scorpio-xr2i-xr3i-cvh/1325892724

This place I used to get Ford stuff from might help too. Not too far away , near Hayes area.

http://www.speedshack.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

Back TJ on this S2000 is in a different league to the std WF (now ford KA) crap, just need a bit of fine tuning and a bracket to fit it :westy:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BugMan said:

Back TJ on this S2000 is in a different league to the std WF (now ford KA) crap, just need a bit of fine tuning and a bracket to fit it :westy:

Even on an old chassis which currently has a seirra handbrake (1996 wide indipendant with MT75 tunnel)?

54 minutes ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Even on an old chassis which currently has a seirra handbrake (1996 wide indipendant with MT75 tunnel)?

What could possibly go wrong ? :o

You never mentioned chassis work to fit it :laugh:

Have a look at what I did, but by no means would I say my solution was the best here

I actually went back and re-did the mounting to push the S2000 handbrake forward a bit

Others have found better ways I'm sure :westy:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2019 at 21:39, BugMan said:

Have a look at what I did, but by no means would I say my solution was the best here

I actually went back and re-did the mounting to push the S2000 handbrake forward a bit

Others have found better ways I'm sure :westy:

Am I correct in thinking that on your chassis the handbrake mounts are level with each other? And this is to suit the KA handbrake?

I've an older sierra handbrake which has mounts at different levels as per the following picture. This is good because the s2000 handbrake kits easily but very bad because it cannot be connected to the handbrake cable below the tunnel top! An idea I have is to either fit the rear of the s2000 handbrake under the chassis mount or replace the chassis mount.

IMG_20190120_211929.jpg

Yes the handbrake mounts are level for a ka handbrake.

7D0BE05F-3A8C-4275-A6AB-1B14003A1E20.thumb.jpeg.34c7c14f612bd88a838787f17bfe2fc1.jpeg

looks like you will have to alter the chassis mount.