Yorkshire Breakfast meeting, 20th January.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Breakfast meeting this Sunday at the Red Kite on Denby Dale road, Wakefield. 

The first Yorkshire meeting of the year. 

Don't think it's going to snow. 

Anyone coming? 

• Sad 1

We'll be there Robin

On 14/01/2019 at 17:35, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Don't think it's going to snow.

Glen and I will be going, this is the Peak District today so we are heading up t'North for some fine Westie banter.

DSC07016.JPG

• Like 1

It's OK, she'll have 15 layers and a hot water bottle. 

Er, yep, can't argue with that @Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO and the best bit is that we are coming in the MX5 and I will still be wrapped up :d

Firstly, apologies to anyone who turned up at the Red Kite this morning and found it was closed for refurbishment, I thought it was open as usual. For those of us who made it, we left at around 20 past 10 and went half a mile up the road to the Toby Carvery for an all you can eat breakfast, and some of us did have all we could eat. This may become the new place to go. 

13 people came, but only 2 of us braved it in our Westfields, it wasn't really too cold and it didn't snow. 

20190120_101149.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

and some of us did have all we could eat

Let me correct that for you Robin, some of us had Yorkshire Puddings with our all you can eat breakfast:d @Rickyboy100

DSC07029.JPG

So now you really have seen it all.

Thank you Robin for having a meet conveniently on a Sunday and next to the motorway, it's been great to meet you and the Yorkshire crew again. Her with her camera has been busy photographing everything in sight, brace yourself for the Motley Crue one up next.

DSC07017.JPG

Robin and Simon entertained us with the snazzy Westfields

DSC07019.JPG

Avoiding low bridges, important that in a Westfield

DSC07022.JPG

Robin nearly got a dog as a passenger

DSC07027.JPG

2nd car park of the day

DSC07031.JPG

Glen and I didn't go straight home, as we never do, and called in the Dog and Partridge on the Woodhead Road to see if it was suitable for a joint Manchester/Yorkshire/Peak District meet in the summer. @Paul Hurdsfield @Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO

The pub was good, car park was big and views were far reaching so it gets my vote.

The car park

DSC07037.JPG

Toasty inside, but I do mean for us all to meet up in the summertime

DSC07039.JPG

The pub

DSC07040.JPG

Thanks again Robin and everyone for making a great morning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen this :p. I’m a true yorkshire man and believe in getting my monies worth, and can honestly say I think I did, although I may have some toast next time too as after 2 full English breakfasts, 1 Yorkshire pud, 2 cups of T and a glass of coke, I reckon I could squeeze in 2 slices, should keep me going till lunch then.:d

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rickyboy100 said:

Only just seen this :p. I’m a true yorkshire man and believe in getting my monies worth, and can honestly say I think I did, although I may have some toast next time too as after 2 full English breakfasts, 1 Yorkshire pud, 2 cups of T and a glass of coke, I reckon I could squeeze in 2 slices, should keep me going till lunch then.:d

You’ll need to be swapping the Westie66 for a Cobra at that rate. :laugh: :p

• Haha 1