2019 Trackday chat

Andrew

33 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

id love a day at donny again but i doubt my mini would pass the noise test its rather loud.

Really? I thought it was just us kit car types with short systems that struggled with Donny's 98 drive by.

It shouldn't be difficult to get it within the noise limit? ???

5th August would be a good target date.. plus would-be like getting back on a horse after a fall.. going back to the scene.. and overcoming the memory of the first failure!!

53 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Really? I thought it was just us kit car types with short systems that struggled with Donny's 98 drive by.

It shouldn't be difficult to get it within the noise limit? ???

its not loud as such it has a custom pooflow exhaust and its very deep. ill have to test it but its awkward to gauge there drive by as a static isnt it

28 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

its not loud as such it has a custom pooflow exhaust and its very deep. ill have to test it but its awkward to gauge there drive by as a static isnt it

From MSV's website:

Please pay special attention to the noise limit. The standard 98db 'drive-by' limit operates throughout the day. This is not comparable to the 92db drive by limits at other venues. Cars close to the typical 105db static limit will likely fail and not be able to continue

My car typically blows 101db on static tests, although last time out it was 97db, so if you can get your static around those levels you should be OK?

3 hours ago, Mole said:

5th August would be a good target date.. plus would-be like getting back on a horse after a fall.. going back to the scene.. and overcoming the memory of the first failure!!

Thats the extract same for me👍

Although I may struggle with noise  as it’s not a noisy day😭 

26 minutes ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

Although I may struggle with nose as it’s not a noisy day😭 

Just disable the vtec, you'll be fine. :t-up:

Was your last visit not a 98 day?

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Just disable the vtec, you'll be fine. :t-up:

Was your last visit not a 98 day?

No it was a noisy day, don’t think it’s exhaust side now as that’s pretty quiet now I’ve repacked it.

But the throttle bodies nearly burst my ear drums Yesterday having it mapped.

I have brought a piper cross induction kit, if I can get that to fit it may do the trick👍

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

No it was a noisy day, don’t think it’s exhaust side now as that’s pretty quiet now I’ve repacked it.

But the throttle bodies nearly burst my ear drums Yesterday having it mapped.

I have brought a piper cross induction kit, if I can get that to fit it may do the trick👍

You're getting as bad as @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO I love the noise of my TB's!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

id love a day at donny again but i doubt my mini would pass the noise test its rather loud.

What exhaust is fitted?

21 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

You're getting as bad as @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO I love the noise of my TB's!

Don’t get me wrong I love the sound, but I just need to quite them down for track days.

Planning in swapping between filter & induction kit for track days, My car pinged the meter at Mallory at 106db.

• Haha 1

On 22/06/2019 at 07:59, Andy (Sycho) said:

Don’t get me wrong I love the sound, but I just need to quite them down for track days.

Planning in swapping between filter & induction kit for track days, My car pinged the meter at Mallory at 106db.

I kept on getting black flagged at Bedford...........   I had to back off driving past the mic's in the end :( 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...