2019 Trackday chat

Andrew

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Either way.. who's up for Cadders?

Provisionally yes. 

• Like 1

Yes, assuming I get the engine in and running over Easter weekend, and can then get it mapped and geo’d in time. 

On 01/04/2019 at 09:28, AdamR said:

Excellent.  Barny, I see you looking!

Ha, always got an eye on me eh Ads :blush:

I'd like to do it but got loads on in May, so we'll see...

So, potentially up for Cadwell we have:

Me + 2 non members Stoney and Ross.

@Michael Whitworth .. just because..

@AdamR Lobster debut? or trusty ****ter?

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO NE meet? 

@Archibald Meatpants running in new durabang?

@Ben (bunje) Testing yet another crustacean? 

@BCF time permitting

Arrrrr!

Would be Lobster second outing if all goes to plan :t-up:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

So, potentially up for Cadwell we have:

Me + 2 non members Stoney and Ross.

@Michael Whitworth .. just because..

@AdamR Lobster debut? or trusty ****ter?

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO NE meet? 

@Archibald Meatpants running in new durabang?

@Ben (bunje) Testing yet another crustacean? 

@BCF time permitting

I’m also up this as long as I can get a working engine back in, but time is at a premium at the moment & the car hasn’t been touched for mouths.:down:

But what better motivation than a Westy train at Cadwell Park! :d

• Like 1

I'll be at Donington on Monday, anyone else there? First time out in the Westfield so be good to bend someones ear!

I don't have a fuel gauge either, how much fuel do you BEC track goers get through in a day? I'm used to 90L in the M3.

45 minutes ago, TomS said:

I'll be at Donington on Monday, anyone else there? First time out in the Westfield so be good to bend someones ear!

I don't have a fuel gauge either, how much fuel do you BEC track goers get through in a day? I'm used to 90L in the M3.

I used a fair amount of fuel at donny. Pretty much flat out everywhere for me. Think I used 80 litres 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

I used a fair amount of fuel at donny. Pretty much flat out everywhere for me. Think I used 80 litres 

I might take a few jerry cans with me as usual then. I guess I’ll just have to check the fuel after every session as I definitely don’t want to run dry!

1 minute ago, TomS said:

I might take a few jerry cans with me as usual then. I guess I’ll just have to check the fuel after every session as I definitely don’t want to run dry!

On a small side note I didnt have a BEC. But would have thought it's going to be more in a bike than a car with the high revs

• 1 month later...

Couple of dates I'm thinking about:

Knockhill Sunday June 9th

Anglesey Monday 19th Aug with Opentrack

Any interest in either day?

:t-up:

Had a good day at Blyton yesterday. Was great to be back out after the various issues. Thanks for your help getting me back up and running everyone. Car ran and handled well..kept oil level on high side and pressure good all day with no surge noticed.. thanks Adam for geometry settings definitely felt better at the front end.

We did the eastern circuit first which was interesting although cut short by front  wing stay breaking clean through unannounced! Luckily we managed to get to local garage for a quick mig fix! Strange how it broke as it did not show any signs of having cracked before..

In the afternoon we did the inner circuit which was fantastic fun.. really had a great time and the car ran well and again with improved handling was even more enjoyable!

Let's hope it continues for rest of the season!!

• Like 3