2019 Trackday chat

Andrew

4 hours ago, BCF said:

Super excited for Silverstone tomorrow, only ever been round there for my ARDS test so it'll be good to drive it after a bit more experience. Although I think it'll get pretty dull on the straights! Might take a book or two! :d

Enjoy Silverstone tomorrow. :yes: It's a track I've never done as I share your concerns about the long straights and general high speed nature of the place. I think my poor old anchor would be spending a lot of time near 7000 rpm.. not it's happiest place to be! :oops: I should really go just to tick it off the list. 

It's a cracking circuit, especially in the wet! Well worth doing in the cheaper winter months.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Enjoy Silverstone tomorrow. :yes: It's a track I've never done as I share your concerns about the long straights and general high speed nature of the place. I think my poor old anchor would be spending a lot of time near 7000 rpm.. not it's happiest place to be! :oops: I should really go just to tick it off the list. 

I'll let you know how it goes, but like you say, the straights may be slightly challenging! I'm pleased to be ticking it off the bucket list, will be good to get it in the bag!

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 22:25, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Anglesey, Blyton, Cadwell, Croft, Knockhill, and Oulton are all on my 2019 radar. 

Will be looking nearer the time to fit around family, work and spare cash. 

Keep me in the loop please Chris, I’m wanting to try and get a few track days in this year too, the Westie is still on death row (possibly for sale this year) but I’ve now also got a Cooper S as well that I can use. 

9 hours ago, a15cro said:

Keep me in the loop please Chris, I’m wanting to try and get a few track days in this year too, the Westie is still on death row (possibly for sale this year) but I’ve now also got a Cooper S as well that I can use. 

Well I'm doing this one as my first of the season - although it's a Sprint lads test day with limited numbers rather than a public track day, so maybe check with Marto first

19 hours ago, BCF said:

I'll let you know how it goes, but like you say, the straights may be slightly challenging!

How much of War & Peace did you get through? ;) Weather must have been perfect for a February trackday. (Unless you're called Adam and like getting wet. :) )

I still haven't booked anything yet. Forecast for Cadwell on Sunday could be a foggy start.. I think I'll make a decision tomorrow. Its still showing an early bird price, so it mustn't be anywhere near full yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Cadwell on Sunday could be a foggy start..

Which is not a good thing at Cadwell!

47 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Which is not a good thing at Cadwell!

It's not as if Lincolnshire is noted for fog is it.. :laugh: I'd be happy if I thought it was going to clear mid to late morning tbh. A few forecasts are showing sunshine all day, so fingers crossed. 

:sun:

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

How much of War & Peace did you get through? ;) Weather must have been perfect for a February trackday. (Unless you're called Adam and like getting wet. :) )

I still haven't booked anything yet. Forecast for Cadwell on Sunday could be a foggy start.. I think I'll make a decision tomorrow. Its still showing an early bird price, so it mustn't be anywhere near full yet.

Ha ha! Well I did get to have a good look around Silverstone, saw the Porsche centre, and a good view of the wing while pedalling along the back straight :laugh:

It was an absolutely incredible day, stands out as one of my top track days ever. I'm 3 in for this year so far, and Silverstone GP is going to take some beating. The whole place is awesome, but that circuit is just another level. I felt like I did well for my first trip there, but it's proper hooked me in with some really technical corners I didn't quite perfect. Shame it's so expensive from here out, I'd love to go again. And oh, the weather! Stunning!

• Like 4

Have booked onto Cadwell, Sunday. Expecting a bit of mist early on, but fingers crossed it disperses mid morning. There's still some forecasts showing sunshine, but I wont get my hopes too high. :sun:

Its still showing an early booking price, (£109) so I'd guess it's nowhere near capacity.

https://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2019/feb/24-cp/

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mole said:

Jealous Andrew..wish I was ready to go as would have joined you! Have fun

Really looking forward to it. Trying not to get hopes up for a decent day.. but the weather forecast is definitely not looking like February!

Untitled24.jpg.fdd65c5c98cff5df28e40e8edf43f653.jpg