2019 Trackday chat

Andrew

Anyone got any trackday plans yet?

Is there any appetite for a great gathering this year? We got around ten cars together last year at Rockingham, unfortunately Rockingham is no more! It's a shame as Rocky was fairly central for a North South meet.

Donington is fairly central, but the 98db noise limit doesn't suit the noisier club cars. There does appear to be a decent group that can manage Donny's noise limit, so I'd be up for a day there some time.

For the rowdier members, there's Oulton, Cadwell and Mallory? 

Yay or nay? Thoughts and suggestions?

:t-up:

If/when I get my car fixed I’d but up for it, not sure on donny though unless it’s a noisy day.

Obviously I’m a yes once I’ve got my car sorted, been at Bedford abusing @BCF‘s ****ter all day today, first one of the year! 

1 hour ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

If/when I get my car fixed I’d but up for it, not sure on donny though unless it’s a noisy day.

Donington noisy days tend to be a bit pricey, usually too pricey for this oap. ;) 

Just now, RussH said:

Obviously I’m a yes once I’ve got my car sorted, been at Bedford abusing @BCF‘s ****ter all day today, first one of the year! 

Early start to the season Russ. :yes:

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Donington noisy days tend to be a bit pricey, usually too pricey for this oap.;)

It also keeps the idiots away though:d

• Like 1

Donnington is pretty central..of noise level is acceptable..

Would be good to have a large meet up..

Cadwell definitely on this year's list..

• Like 1

I guess its a bit early for any real enthusiasm.. I wont be booking any day before the end of March or April in advance, but hopefully I'll be able to dive into a late booked day if we get a nice spell of Winter weather.

A few April dates to mull over, all with MSV. I prefer MSV as their days are well run, and usually have low numbers of participants. 

Tues 2nd April Oulton Park £169

Fri 5th April Donington (98db) £239  (6th and 7th are race days, so there'll probably be a few racers testing on the Friday.)

Mon 15th April Donington (98db) £219

Thur 18th April Cadwell £139

I wonder which ones will be wet? :laugh:

Andrew I will have a look at those dates and see if any are ok for me and Phil..hope to be on track in April..last year did Bedford in april.was hot so t shirt weather! Here's hoping..

Only trouble with race weekends following and testing can mean lots of stoppages ... Especially when Ginetta drivers are involved!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mole said:

Only trouble with race weekends following and testing can mean lots of stoppages ... Especially when Ginetta drivers are involved!!

I don't mind a few racers to play with now and again, most trackdays nowadays have racers testing, but a trackday the day before a race weekend will be full of them! Not recommended. ;) I added the bracketed comments just in case anyone was considering that date. :yes:

Oulton park is a bit of a trek but would like to do..but more than likely will be wet! One of the Donnington or cadwell could be possible...

Howdy! A club get together would be great.

As for enthusiasm, as Russ says, we've already done Bedford on Monday. I'm back there with Martin on 9th February, then again on 18th March. Anyone and everyone is most welcome to join us!

1 hour ago, RussH said:

Oulton is fantastic!! Better than Cadwell!

Nah, Oulton's Oulton and Cadwell's Cadwell .. both excellent circuits in their own way. :yes:

If it's got to be a wet day though, Cadwell has no garages to hide in. :marto: