Rear Carbon stone guards - extra wide rear arches

KenPhilps

I’m after a pair of carbon stone guards to fit my 2008 SEIW SDV kit rear wheel arches. They are the extra wide arches. 

Cheers

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ken

I´m after the same part for the same kind of arches.... Did you manage to find any in the end?

Luis

Nobody makes them any more, so you’ll need to be lucky and hope some come up second hand. Took me two years of patience and being ready to pounce at a moments notice!

7367F0A1-A0A5-4B88-ADDF-7D92CA4B8B50.jpeg

look good though

• Like 1

Westfields told me they dont make any for the extra wide arches, well for the FW anyway.

Going to make my own, how hard can it be?

No guys, I’ve had no luck in sourcing these. No one has any or makes any now. 

I’ve been looking at vinyl wrap as an alternative. Might give that a go. Doesn’t seem too hard to apply. Plenty of videos on YouTube.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KenPhilps said:

No guys, I’ve had no luck in sourcing these. No one has any or makes any now. 

I’ve been looking at vinyl wrap as an alternative. Might give that a go. Doesn’t seem too hard to apply. Plenty of videos on YouTube.

I vinyl wrapped mine before I found some carbon guards, was easy enough to do and looked ok. It offered minimal protection, but certainly better than none!

• Like 1

Hi my car is a kit body and I have been looking for same thing for a long time. Did they make two different width arches or are they all wide if so l would be up for a set. 

The cost of the tooling and time will be far too expensive for the likes of carbon nv or Mickmade to make any to maybe sell three or four pairs not worth the hassle 

How about making some of the more conventional aluminium flat type ones wide enough to fit the arches?. They wouldn't wrap right around the curved outer edge but would cover the majority of the arch front face.They could then be painted or wrapped.

Collectively maybe we could come up wit the right size template, then have them laser cut.

Any thoughts?

35 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

How about making some of the more conventional aluminium flat type ones wide enough to fit the arches?. They wouldn't wrap right around the curved outer edge but would cover the majority of the arch front face.They could then be painted or wrapped.

Collectively maybe we could come up wit the right size template, then have them laser cut.

Any thoughts?

You can make some CAD versions and then buy some heat mouldable carbon sheet . Stencil the size and then mould with a heat gun to the arches , then just adhesive them on. Quick google shows places that supply .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

You can make some CAD versions and then buy some heat mouldable carbon sheet . Stencil the size and then mould with a heat gun to the arches , then just adhesive them on. Quick google shows places that supply .

Not a bad idea but the only problem I can see with that TJ is whether every individual would be able to carry out the necessary work to get them to fit neatly (myself included) i.e. Heating/shaping etc.

No reason why you cant cut to shape, then stick in the oven at 150 deg , run out in the garage, mould on the wheel arch and let cool ( in oven gloves :d). Adjust with a heat gun if needed. Just a thought to be honest and not tried it myself. Was looking at using it for the chassis rail protectors until Mickmade appeared and sorted them for me.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.