2019 Speed Series Regulations

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

So , in order to run in A or C do I have to remove the 4" lights that are fitted and replace with larger ones?

If so ( I know I cant be arsed to remove them ) do I just enter E instead ?

Trouble is that although it dosn't bother me much , I am sure most roadgoing cars will have small headlights

34 minutes ago, woodman said:

So , in order to run in A or C do I have to remove the 4" lights that are fitted and replace with larger ones?

If so ( I know I cant be arsed to remove them ) do I just enter E instead ?

Trouble is that although it dosn't bother me much , I am sure most roadgoing cars will have small headlights

same as my car Stu 4" lights so class A-E for me as well. I have put a fair amount of effort into rebuilding the car over the winter and money which means to comply with the series i might be out sometime late summer when funds allow. 

Just a minor technical point on headlamp sizes

If Diameter = 2x Root of area over pi

D=2x Root 182.5/3.14

D= 15.246 CENTIMETRES or about 6 inches :) 

OOPS pressed the button too soon. Surely this would exclude huge numbers of current cars from motorsport.

1 hour ago, John said:

I'm afraid that it appears he was not correct as this contradicts the blue book - Section J 5.14.4 (unless the event regulations that you entered under stated that they could be specifically removed)

5.14.4. With the exception of racing cars, or cars of Periods A to C, have headlights in normal working order with glasses of minimum 182.5 sq cm each unless SRs permit their removal

If this is enforced as it says here it means wiping out cass A and B... I'm sure you don't want to quote the paragraph as is...

51 minutes ago, maurici said:

If this is enforced as it says here it means wiping out cass A and B... I'm sure you don't want to quote the paragraph as is...

We aren't enforcing it. Someone who no longer competes quoted it in this thread which brought it to our attention. Your thanks lie elsewhere for that :d

Curious... I thought I've quotet it from your comment replying to Roz..???

Anyway. Good thing. I was already preparing some templates to take measurements in the padock...

Maurici 

For what purpose would you be using a template in the paddock?

I have been considering entering the championship, but I’m being slightly put off by all this. Nothing to do with headlight size or seats or tyre regs, just the way some people are being. I’d planned to use my car in whatever class it fits into and have some fun doing it.

6 minutes ago, SimonRad said:

I have been considering entering the championship, but I’m being slightly put off by all this. Nothing to do with headlight size or seats or tyre regs, just the way some people are being. I’d planned to use my car in whatever class it fits into and have some fun doing it.

Don’t be put off Simon, just that we’re all passionate about our daft hobby :t-up:

On the day of an event you won’t find a friendlier bunch guys n girls all willing to offer help, advise and enjoy a little banter. 

Look forward to see you out soon

Marto :ww:

• Like 3

@SimonRad

Dont be put off by this. You wont take anything good from a yorkshirer an spanish and a bunch of upset people arguing behind a keyboard.

If that was in the pub with beers the tone and the arguments, would be much more relaxed even telling the same.

The only one great thing that cant be denied is that the atmosphere and the banter in the Speed Series, is great, and once there, everyone is up for a laught all of the guys are really suportive when it comes to help. If you want to go there, and you are not fused about results and you want to have fun... leave the boardroom aside, as in the real life, everybody is quite easy going and fairly different from here.

Even I am quite nice...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SimonRad said:

Don't be put off!

You must understand that this is a game we play every year when the regs are published.

The rules of the game are; someone says; if xyz appear in the the regs, then I'll take my bat and ball home. After this has gone around a few times all is forgotten, and it's back to business as usual!

Remember the scrutineering is not done by WSCC people at events, so if you stick to blue book you will be fine 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maurici said:

@SimonRad

Dont be put off by this. You wont take anything good from a yorkshirer an spanish and a bunch of upset people arguing behind a keyboard.

If that was in the pub with beers the tone and the arguments, would be much more relaxed even telling the same.

The only one great thing that cant be denied is that the atmosphere and the banter in the Speed Series, is great, and once there, everyone is up for a laught all of the guys are really suportive when it comes to help. If you want to go there, and you are not fused about results and you want to have fun... leave the boardroom aside, as in the real life, everybody is quite easy going and fairly different from here.

Even I am quite nice...

Not sure about the last bit :p

• Haha 1