2019 Speed Series Regulations

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Exactly what I thought Stu.

My dad and Keith discussed the future of 1C tyres for them at the first Hethel last season, and they both agreed that they'd be fine with a swap to 1B's. My dad is pretty much set on moving to B next season as he wants to move back to a Synchro Box for better road driving, as such tyres will be changed for 1B's (Not 100% on which Make/Model).

I feel like people in E/F may have a different view, however there are all too many about at the moment; we've had time to decide on tyres after the 1C road-going ban, and it seems like as good of a time as any to move over, anyways I doubt my dad's 4-5 season old ZZR's have all that much of an advantage over a fresh set of 1B's.

7 hours ago, S2T said:

I wont mention the strange class structure whereby a 1300cc busa producing 193bhp is in the same class as a 300bhp ecoboost/duratec etc

A 200bhp BEC will be at least as quick as a 300bhp CEC.

Agreed old 1Cs will be similar in performance to brand new 1Bs. I think the phasing time is a good thing, but perhaps muddies the waters and creates extra unnecessary classes going forward. Perhaps final year for 1Cs?

55 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Agreed old 1Cs will be similar in performance to brand new 1Bs. 

But my interpretation is if using 1b you also have to have a passenger seat whilst you don't if using 1c...in class f

36 minutes ago, Marto303 said:

@Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary

So what is your future view of the class structure if we drop the use of 1c tyres in C to F ? 

I’ll move this to the new thread ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S2T said:

But my interpretation is if using 1b you also have to have a passenger seat whilst you don't if using 1c

That is correct

1 hour ago, S2T said:

But my interpretation is if using 1b you also have to have a passenger seat whilst you don't if using 1c...in class f

You are correct but what exactly is the issue? By running 1Bs instead of 1Cs you are already at a disadvantage against those running 1Cs in your championship class so why is there an issue regarding having a passenger seat? In actual fact I see it as an advantage as you can then enter the road going classes at events where you have a chance to win event trophies on the day. Those running 1C tyres and a passenger seat cannot run in the road going classes at the event and will be in the Modified Production classes against cars on slicks so will therefore l be at a disadvantage on the day in the event class. Also by running in Mod Prod, drivers will have to wear a HANS, have a HANS compatible helmet and also have a vehicle passport if they don't have an MOT, TAX and Insurance.

At the end of the day the tyre choice is yours and the subsequent requirements follow from that.

9 hours ago, woodman said:

Why are some so against having lights in A/B?

Also I thought you had to have lights to run in 'Roadgoing' ( 2a, B1 etc) on the day , ?

Exactly Stuart. In reality, only 1 car in class B ran like this last year. It only set one target time so hardly made it more difficult for those in B this year

11 minutes ago, John said:

In reality, only 1 car in class B ran like this last year. It only set one target time so hardly made it more difficult for those in B this year

So why exclude that car and 2 participants from this season and I thought one of the SSOT objectives was retaining entrants of the championship as publish by panda earlier last year.

2 minutes ago, syman84 said:

So why exclude that car and 2 participants from this season and I thought one of the SSOT objectives was retaining entrants of the championship as publish by panda earlier last year.

3 participants by not allowing the Bag seat witch is a perfectly valid MSAuk solution as seen in MANY other series... just because... I don't know, they have their own way of reading the blue book.

Had the B&B already booked for anglesey and plannig blyton 3 sisters and aintree... and got plans to go out at least at 8 meetings this year. Obviously, another club is getting my entry witch is a shame.

6 minutes ago, syman84 said:

We are not excluding them. They just either need to fit lights or change to a different class that allows their car as it is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maurici said:

3 participants by not allowing the Bag seat witch is a perfectly valid MSAuk solution as seen in MANY other series... just because... I don't know, they have their own way of reading the blue book.

Maurici - we are not excluding you! There are many ways to satisfy your seating requirement and stay within the rules. You just seem to be fixated on one method.

46 minutes ago, John said:

You are correct but what exactly is the issue? By running 1Bs instead of 1Cs you are already at a disadvantage against those running 1Cs in your championship class so why is there an issue regarding having a passenger seat? In actual fact I see it as an advantage as you can then enter the road going classes at events where you have a chance to win event trophies on the day. Those running 1C tyres and a passenger seat cannot run in the road going classes at the event and will be in the Modified Production classes against cars on slicks so will therefore l be at a disadvantage on the day in the event class. Also by running in Mod Prod, drivers will have to wear a HANS, have a HANS compatible helmet and also have a vehicle passport if they don't have an MOT, TAX and Insurance.

At the end of the day the tyre choice is yours and the subsequent requirements follow from that.

I see so within Class F there is a Road Going category and Modified production....in that case it makes sense, though in the Regs couldnt see that mentioned. I am entering multiple Championships so am preparing it to minimise any changes to the car per Championship

@John

Is my car, my budget and my time so I choose the method as long as is legal. If you, suddently find that is not prior 10 weeks to the start of the season, you are giving me very little choice.

Method 1- Do a taylor made fiberglass seat - Too expensive, too time consuming, and the base needs to be foam anyway... so would't be compilant either as won't be fully fixed as per terry suggestions

Method 2- Buy a full roll cage. (witch I eventually will, but I can't right now, nor have the time to fit it).

Method 3 (not accepted by WSSOC)- Do a taylor made foam seat alike as a Caterham S3 academy (and many other cars), Inexpensive, I already bought the material and done a few satisfying trials is a perfectly valid solution that suddently 10 weeks prior the first meeting you deciede not to accept over-regulating the roadgoing classes. (C'mon, I even have a full passenger seat fitted).

Any other method?

Ah yeah. We can also strip half car to do lowered floors, or, I can just move to a superior class unmodifying my car, just to be in the very same class in the event day? For the sake of it?