Bristol & Bath Area

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

Nice to see another area local to me becoming active. Looking forwards to seeing how things progress and helping out if i can in any way. :) 

Evening Chris,

Thanks to Dave for getting me tagged on this.  Will be good to get the area going again, I've been trying to get up to Cotswold for 6 months but work keeps conspiring against me.  

I think this must be my ninth year with my chrome yellow Megablade, last years project was to get her quiet enough to get on track.  So after emptying my wallet into Andy Bates bank account I now have a very smart custom stainless manifold and silencer.  As a consequence I did my first two track days which were great, even though the car went sick on the first one,  The second one with Cotswold at Llandow went off without issue apart from the weather which made life interesting at times.  I certainly plan to get out and do a few more this year.  This years upgrade will be an oil cooler.

Week day evening meets work best for me, can make those you list in your first post.

Hi @Martin251184 and @Newton , glad to have you onboard!

Good to hear that you are both active. I do hope that we can get the majority together for a meet sooner rather than later and a track blast would be great. @Newton I think my standard Westfield Silencer will be a fail so Im off to test it at Castle Coombe soon so I can get a new one if need be for Spring/Summer blatts!

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO its always worth checking before you rock up expecting a days play only to be told you're too loud.  The alternative is pick a track where they have a little more tolerance to a tuneful exhaust.  I haven't had mine tested since I got the new system but its something I need to organise before trying out CC.

Set a regular date and let us get it in our calendars, sooner the better.

Hi all,

I have had a revisit of the Calendar and am going to go ahead with the next meets for:

Sun 3 Feb @ 1300 at The Riverside Inn, Saltford

and 

Thurs 7 Feb @ 1900 - 2100 hrs The Riverside Inn, Saltford

Plus I am going to attending the The Footman James Great Western Classic Car Show 2019 on Sat/Sun 9/10 Feb for a nosey around?

Any takers?

Chris

I can do the Thurs and didn't have the The Footman James Great Western Classic Car  Show on the radar so has potential.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m really sorry chaps but I am unable to mak this afternoon due to some family issue (D&V) afffecting us all, I can’t get away. 

Please look out for each other and hopefully I’ll catch you on this Thursday 07 Feb 7-9pm at The Riverside Inn, Saltford,  BS31 3EZ.

and don’t forget to take a photo and grab some names for me to write Up! 

Regards

chris