Bristol & Bath Area

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

Ladies and Gents,

Further to taking on the role of AO for Bristol and Bath I have made a little progress with a Facebook Page set up and we had a first meeting in Nov but life got in the way of a December meet up.

WSCC Bristol And Bath area or @BristolBathAreaWSCC

WSCC.png.6d6697571fcad28c5784a46a781ec3aa.png

The next Westfield World (WW) article is due in by 10th Feb, so I would really like to get together before then and get some news in from you members that live and breathe Westfields in this area. If you think I’ve missed anyone off the list, then please forward this on or PM me and I’ll pass on the info.

To that end please could I beg of you a paragraph (or more if you can including pictures) telling me what you have been up to over the past 3-6-12 months and what your Winter plans are leading into Spring? How are those minor jobs going or is there a major overhaul/upgrade/rebuild that would be of interest or you might need a hand with?

I will then pull this into an article to re-launch Bristol & Bath across WSCC and WW.

Further to this could I ask for any dates for the diary of Shows to attend as (Visitor/Exhibitor/Group), Track/Sprint/Hill Climbs we could/should be attending and any ideas for Area days out/runs/trips/overseas jaunts etc that would be good to get together for.

In due course I would like to get together with our neighbouring Areas such as Somerset/Dorset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire/Cotswolds for some joint fun and maybe to ease the burden of organising events and trips? As well as this I think their is mileage in using the KitNet meets to bolster our efforts in the early days.

I have taken delivery of the WSCC Bristol and Bath Area Flag/Banner which can be loaned out to give us a presence at events/shows – just shout!

Finally, I’d really like to get a meeting in the diary so here goes…

Evenings:

Tue 22nd Jan

Thur 24th Jan

Thur 31st Jan

Tue 5th Feb

Thur 7th Feb

Weekends AM or PM:

19th/20th Jan

2nd/3rd Feb

I am open to suggestions for a meeting location or we can revert to The Riverside Inn, Saltford, BS31 3EZ.

Regards

Chris

@ArcenPower

@SXRORY

@JohnWM2

@lloydox

@Master O

@wackydo

@jeff oakley

@spm

@CrisisWolf

@Barry Ashcroft

@DaveM123

@Wobblyprop

@timessex

@matt_c

@djm

@Ad Eves

@Terzo204

@RobP

@mikef

@David tucker

@Mark Hillier

@Nic Surry

@Karladams14

@Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO

@Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Chris,

Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.  I'm free Thursday evenings and should be OK for PM on those weekend dates.  Let see what everyone can do.

WRT my Westfield.  I doubt it'll be back on the road until nearer the Spring so it'll be tintop for me for now. :)

cheers, Rob.

Majority of the above dates look fine:

Tue 22nd Jan

Thur 24th Jan

Tue 5th Feb

Thur 7th Feb

PM’d you already but Westfield is on axle stands. To be honest rear suspension is now back on. Front to do. Set right height then it needs a proper geo setup. Then its back on the road.

Chris thanks for the invite. I’m based in Essex so won’t be able to attend. Good luck with the meets. Would be interested in your groups views on Castle Combe. Have always fancied it but it’s a long way to travel. Cheers Tim 

Hi can’t do Thursday nights but any other days Are good. Maybe a Sunday morning meet would be good. There is a chap who goes by the name of newton he lives at the top of Cheddar gorge drives a mega blade is he on your list of members.many thanks 

2 hours ago, timessex said:

Chris thanks for the invite. I’m based in Essex so won’t be able to attend. Good luck with the meets. Would be interested in your groups views on Castle Combe. Have always fancied it but it’s a long way to travel. Cheers Tim 

Thanks Tim, you're alawys welcome if you are passing?

A Castle Coombe session is on my list of things to organise - maybe with @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO when they do theirs? I'll keep you posted.

Regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David tucker said:

Hi can’t do Thursday nights but any other days Are good. Maybe a Sunday morning meet would be good. There is a chap who goes by the name of newton he lives at the top of Cheddar gorge drives a mega blade is he on your list of members.many thanks 

Hmmm haven't seen one yet but will check again.  I aim to rotate the meets where possible to cater for all, so hope to see you soon.

Regards

Chris

@Newton are you in the Cheddar Gorge area and want to meet up? Please see above, I believe @Wobblyprop is in Cheddar too?

Regards

Chris

Hi chris

I could do the evenings, provided im not on a late shift. Weekends shown seem ok, easy with the time. 

As for things to do, there is this queen Square breakfast meet (that is not in queen Square anymore) in feb it's at the mendips raceway. It on the 2nd Sunday of the month. I think I fancy it, however it's all a bit weather dependent this time of year (not keen on salt and no roof if it rains)

I would be up for a bit of karting as Bristol has a new track in fishponds Ive not tried. Sunday's these places do unlimited night. Could be worth a look. It has a cost though and can be difficult to organise. 

As the weather improves and the toll is gone it would be rude not to have a foray into wales at some point. It's about the driving these cars for me. 

I'm not on face book so won't see much on there but a what's app group could be an idea, if everyone gives a number over to you help with organisation, reminders etc. 

Cheers 

Rory

Ps fair play for stepping up its good to have an area section now :yes:

Hi I will probably be at the mendip raceways meet. The sun will have to be shining for the Westfield it’s the coldest place in the world and that’s in the summer. What’s app is a good. idea

Hi Chris

It's great that you have got the section going again, I'm not on Facebook but I am on WhatApp if you decide on that.

Some other members I've seen posting that aren't on your list and I think fall into the Bristol/Bath area are: @franco2141 @Jitterbug and @Martin251184 

A couple of events in our area coming up are 9/10th February Bristol Classic Car Show, Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallett and of course 23rd March WSCC Speed Series Round at Castle Combe which is a must if you can make it!

Cheers

Dave

@djm thanks for the mention and you are correct I am in the Bath Bristol area.

@Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO I've only been on the forum since late 18 with my first Westfield purchase in Oct 18. I don't know if I'm ready to be a regular meet attendee but may sidle along to one or two to see what happens.

On 11/01/2019 at 21:17, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Thanks Tim, you're alawys welcome if you are passing?

A Castle Coombe session is on my list of things to organise - maybe with @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO when they do theirs? I'll keep you posted.

Regards

We don't hold a WSCC Track Days at Castle Combe, but there are a good number of us that attend 2 dates every year with a company called " PJ Trackdays"

Their dates this year are 29th April and 13th Aug, the crowed of people are all friendly with no problems on track.  Each day is £160 which is very cheap for Combe, they also have a charity car doing passenger rides as well.  This is the link id you can see it https://www.facebook.com/pg/Pjstrackdays/events/?ref=page_internal

I hold a track day at Llandow every year, I haven't confirmed the date for this year as we haven't had our yearly planning meeting yet, that in a couple of weeks.  Once I have a date, I'll let people know

Hope this helps 

Thanks Dave,

Don't think I can do the 9/10 Feb Classic show but if there are enough takers we could try to get a pitch and throw up the Flags etc?

I will definitely be at the Speed Series on the 23rd!

There is also the Weston Super Mare Classic Car show over the Easter Weekend?

Thanks for the heads up on other members, I will include them on the distribution list.

@franco2141 welcome and don't worry I only got mine in Sep 18! You are more than welcome at any meet up (in a westy or tin top) and don't forget to use the forums to ask those nagging Tech questions?

Regards

Chris

25 minutes ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

We don't hold a WSCC Track Days at Castle Combe, but there are a good number of us that attend 2 dates every year with a company called " PJ Trackdays"

Their dates this year are 29th April and 13th Aug, the crowed of people are all friendly with no problems on track.  Each day is £160 which is very cheap for Combe, they also have a charity car doing passenger rides as well.  This is the link id you can see it https://www.facebook.com/pg/Pjstrackdays/events/?ref=page_internal

I hold a track day at Llandow every year, I haven't confirmed the date for this year as we haven't had our yearly planning meeting yet, that in a couple of weeks.  Once I have a date, I'll let people know

Hope this helps 

Brilliant, thanks @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO I'll follow that up - be nice to venture out on track (for the first time!) with like minded souls.

Chris

• Like 1