andyj007

i need an X1 in my life

Morris

No worries. It's an excellent forum with lots of advice freely given.

Mike Y

Hello Andy,

I maybe able to help, message me and if we exchange numbers perhaps we can chat. 

stephenh

Mike, you are resurrecting a thread which is over 14 months old! 

stephenh

Morris, if you refer back to my build thread, you will see that I had a problem with the fit of these panels, and it turned out the Simon did as well. I used cad to get the correct profile, then bought a sheet of thin aluminium from B & Q which (as it was very thin) I riveted a piece to each of the original Westfield panel on the "blind" side, and recut to the profile of my cardboard cutout. After riveting in place, I then used a generous amount of silicon sealant to get everything reasonably well sealed off.

You could buy a thicker piece of aluminium and completely re-make the panels, but I couldn't really see the point.as once you've fitted the rear plastic inner wings, and the cockpit is trimmed none of this can be seen, so not cosmetic, just functional.

Mike Y

I just realised your post was 2019, I must be going senile!!

Morris

Thank you Stephen. Just stumbled across your comment in this thread which I reckon is related to my build thread... 😁

stephenh

Yes, Morris, no idea how that last post of mine ended up in this thread! I must be going senile.

Morris

😁

andyj007

i got sorted thanks... anyway