Jump to content
LukeW

Dash2 Resistors

Recommended Posts

So having read the manual and a play, I think it’s to do with the config file I’m using. 

I have loaded a standard config from race tech and changed wheel size etc and the mph remains at a steady 0.

With my config file loaded the speed changes to 535mph every 15 seconds or so, regardless of wheel sensor being on as I first thought. 

Any one any ideas whilst I wait on race techs response. I’m currently comparing between the default config and mine to see if there are obvious differences that would point to the issue.

One thing I did notice when the serial port is plugged in the comms indication disappears and only pops up when the port is then in use send and receive, however when the serial port is disconnected this indication stays on all the time, is this normal? 

4BD1D272-7A75-4B6F-B480-8CEE638E4E9F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, mine does that with the serial port symbol when disconnected too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LukeW said:

So having read the manual and a play, I think it’s to do with the config file I’m using. 

I have loaded a standard config from race tech and changed wheel size etc and the mph remains at a steady 0.

With my config file loaded the speed changes to 535mph every 15 seconds or so, regardless of wheel sensor being on as I first thought. 

Any one any ideas whilst I wait on race techs response. I’m currently comparing between the default config and mine to see if there are obvious differences that would point to the issue.

One thing I did notice when the serial port is plugged in the comms indication disappears and only pops up when the port is then in use send and receive, however when the serial port is disconnected this indication stays on all the time, is this normal? 

4BD1D272-7A75-4B6F-B480-8CEE638E4E9F.jpeg

Can you switch the dash on with the down menu button pressed and it should reveal the firmware version? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukeW said:

Its version 10 @IanK (Bagpuss)

I had to update when I lost everything back last year. 

Ahah! That's explains a lot!

 

What have you got your speed input filtering set to?

 

image.png.c27da8831c1fe4380041e30a87863f0f.png

image.png.204ca0bc918d3452b7838baaccd586f6.png

 

This works for me!

From the fact your trip odometer is showing 1021 miles, is that since you updated the firmware? 

If you click here:

image.png.8d3e6e82d49e36696e0fbfae3415426f.png

You can configure the right button to be trip reset.

image.png.4ee492a118c689637cb3e092847fc0f6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LukeW said:

 

One thing I did notice when the serial port is plugged in the comms indication disappears and only pops up when the port is then in use send and receive, however when the serial port is disconnected this indication stays on all the time, is this normal? 

4BD1D272-7A75-4B6F-B480-8CEE638E4E9F.jpeg

This is a known bug and RT are aware- it should only show if serial coms are active. However it works the opposite way round!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have my speed input set up as you have shown @IanK (Bagpuss)

I’ve done more then that mileage since firmware upgrade. 

The only reason I upgraded firmware was because I managaed some how to turn the dash into gobbledygook by switch on holding the down button, spoke with RT about this and they said it could not happen, and to send it back, by the time i’d Got that response I had already found and upgraded latest 10.0.0 software and this recovered the fault.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LukeW said:

Yeah I have my speed input set up as you have shown @IanK (Bagpuss)

I’ve done more then that mileage since firmware upgrade. 

The only reason I upgraded firmware was because I managaed some how to turn the dash into gobbledygook by switch on holding the down button, spoke with RT about this and they said it could not happen, and to send it back, by the time i’d Got that response I had already found and upgraded latest 10.0.0 software and this recovered the fault.

 

What are the differences between your settings and the config from RT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only difference I could see was the 'seconds to filter value over' on the speed input set to 0 rather than 0.1

I changed this on my config and then seemed to be okay, I then changed back to 0.1 seconds and loaded and cannot replicate the fault ???

I now have the RPM value going mad showing 9k RPM and all the lights on, this is flashing up every couple of seconds now :bangshead: 

has any one changed their dash back to the older firmware versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukeW said:

The only difference I could see was the 'seconds to filter value over' on the speed input set to 0 rather than 0.1

I changed this on my config and then seemed to be okay, I then changed back to 0.1 seconds and loaded and cannot replicate the fault ???

I now have the RPM value going mad showing 9k RPM and all the lights on, this is flashing up every couple of seconds now :bangshead: 

has any one changed their dash back to the older firmware versions?

Unfortunately the V10 firmware isn’t as stable as V9. My revs occasionally do that at switch on.

its not possible to go back either.

interestingly a recent supplied Dash2 from WSC was on V9 Sw and it was packed by RT in Dec 18. So I suspect RT know it’s not fit for purpose yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha makes you wander if RT have someone still fixing the bugs in v10. Never mind I guess I’ll see how it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.