LukeW

Dash2 Resistors

Does anyone know what size resistors are needed on the 5v reference voltage to the analogue inputs on the Dash2.

I guess the they are normally supplied with either dash2 or the build kit fro WSC?

You should find the resistor will already be in your loom connector @LukeW.

Probably covered in heat shrink. Disconnect, switch off and have a measure between the spare input and the 5v ref pin.

Yeah I found them, but was only measuring 900 ohms.

I found it odd that I couldn’t easily find one 900 ohm resistor hence the question & my now suspect meter :d

• Like 1

That makes more sense, given my readings on two different meters now. 

Thanks

You'll find them in the retro fit loom arrowed below:

image.png.0fce356f19b9f68b0bf1ecf7fa442208.png

The resistor values have to be calculated to “match” the sensors they’re going to work with, so there isn’t a one size fits all value. That’s why the DASH2 itself doesn’t come with any. 

Because when Westfield supply the package, it’s designed around a certain set of sensors, they are able to supply pre-wired in resistors. Likewise, if you buy senders from Race Technology direct, you can opt to have them with matching resistors already built into the wiring.

Resistors now sorted thanks, so onto the next problem :(last year after finding a loose connection having lost the speedo whilst driving, the dash sometimes shows I’m travelling at 535mph, this only shows when at a stop and wheel sensor is on. I thought maybe another connection on the switching side of the input from wheel sensor, but having now traced through and making off all connections associated with the wheel sensor I can still replicate in the garage when stopped still and wheel sensor made.

Before completely loosing the speedo earlier in the year it never used to happen, only started after remaking the connection to dash2

Any one any thoughts where to check next?

Hi @LukeW How bizarre! I've seen my Max speed incorrectly reported at 535mph, but never as a live value. It's good that you can reproduce it though. I cant' understand why remaking the connections (to the same points as before) should impact it. Have you spoke with Race Technology about it? or tried their forums. https://www.race-technology.com/forum/index.php

Have you got a menu button configured to show min/max? It does actually state Max, when it's displaying a max value: (Igonre the oil figures, I was playing). I'm wondering if the button to show max/min is being held on some how?

image.png.af9e2eebf5fcd9bc002dd0f31723c57d.png

I assume you've got circa 1mm air gap on the sensor, not that should cause what you're seeing.

At first I thought maybe the signal wore back to dash is getting a bad connection spamming input to dash. So thought best give anything the once over canoeing wise. 

As for the Min max buttons I’m running the config file you sent me over back in July but haven’t really read the manual on how it use it etc.

yeah the 1mm gap is there and face of proxy is clean of debris.

havent tried racetech yet I will give them a shout and check their forums see if there’s anything on there to aid. 

The Min/max function allocation to a button is done by the menu buttons and not the config software file. It's covered in the manual.

I best get reading the manual tomorrow then :getmecoat: