Clarkson gaffe re. new Top Gear presenter.

DonPeffers

I liked top gear and clarkson until I realised how much of an **s* he is.   I struggle to watch re -runs on Dave and just can’t stand GT.       I liked Matt LeBlanc on the last series of top gear.   I think they need proper petrol head people on Top Gear.   But the folk at the BBC probably don’t really know what that means.      Just cos you know your poster cars and top trump figures goes not mean you livevand breath cars. 

I look on Clarkson much like I do a muddling and replaced Prime Minister--glad to be shot of them until you realise that the new one is a lot worse.

Clarkson and his two amigos did have great chemistry and I still watch repeats of their Bolivia's Death Road drive.

Is it too late (or early) for the trio to make a return to BBC Top Gear and save it?

Freddie F & Paddy M may be celebs, but I've never known either to be car savvi, so this looks like the ultimate own goal by the beeb....

At least their only paying them  £.5 mill each lol....

Not only that, but 2 wrong-uns will drag down Chris Harris who deserves air time as he is perfect - a car nut with talent, both presenting and driving!

Mart.

1 hour ago, DamperMan said:

I liked top gear and clarkson until I realised how much of an **s* he is.   I struggle to watch re -runs on Dave and just can’t stand GT.       I liked Matt LeBlanc on the last series of top gear.   I think they need proper petrol head people on Top Gear.   But the folk at the BBC probably don’t really know what that means.      Just cos you know your poster cars and top trump figures goes not mean you livevand breath cars. 

You think he was bad then, I challenge you with Who Wants to be a Millionaire. My god, he is cr&p

Much as I like Chris Harris, he does seem to me to be a bit wooden and the humour rather contrived.

Clarkson however is doing what he does best. Stirring it. He knows full well that he can say anything he likes BECAUSE it means people will mention Top Gear and TGT, irrespective of who is presenting. But he has to get what he says noticed so it has to be "controversial". I'll bet he's done more to promote the new series of Top Gear than the Beeb has with that one thing.

Don't confuse his "public" persona with anything else and for gawds sake don't take this sort of trolling seriously ;) 

And I think Paddy and Flintoff will be an absolute unmitigated disaster. It's going to be excruciating, cringe-worthy, car crash (sorry...) TV. Expect Clarkson Hammond and May back on terrestrial TV in short order to save Top Gear, assuming the Beeb actually will want to save it after that. They cancelled it before...

• Like 2

We got Amazon prime at Christmas and I have been watching "The Grand Tour" on it. It was so refreshing to see Clarkson do what he does best and that is inject fun into life. The BBC had made him a eunuch with the petty PC driven agenda where they shackled the three of them.TGT is like watching Top Gear without the agenda to avoid the tut tutting from the perpetually offended. 

Top Gear was an entertainment show and they forgot that people have a sense of humour which can differentiate between an act and if a person is a sexist, racist bigot, which Clarkson is not. As Blatman says, never confuse what a persona on tv or film is, with the real person. 

I have yet to meet anyone who has had time with Clarkson and found him to be anything like his TV image.  

He shouldn't have punched the guy, but the BBC then had an easy way to move the agenda. The new pairing I suspect will be rubbish as apart from Harris they are not car nuts

• Like 1

Just a reminder that JC not only punched the man because he didn’t produce a steak at 10 PM, he racially abused him at the same time, so let’s not pretend he only puts on the racial bit as a Bernard Manning-type throwaway humorous aside.

On the other hand, anyone who punched Piers Morgan twice isn’t all bad.