corner weight scales

bob25

Are you sure you want to buy them rather than borrow/hire them? Last time I looked, new price was just under £1,000.

1 hour ago, matthew902 said:

What about 300kg postal scales can be purchased for around £20 each.

Brilliant ! 

(the question had me googling / aliexpressing  for 50kg load cells, 4 load cells per corner, plus module, wooden enclosure, would I rf the four scales, need arduino pro minis, a wireless remote display would be handy, need rubber adjustable feet, I'll be able to route for load cells pockets in the top plywood, yadda yadda yadda...)

This is a very cost effective and compact solution... (well, the $60-ish platform scales I've seen might clutter my workshop someday)

Thanks for all replies, I would prefer to buy I can book them against my tax bill [thank you Mr Taxman] and also I can play around with setup in my own time as I would be learning while playing

• Like 1

I've tried cheap options, proper scales are tons better.

41 minutes ago, AdamR said:

I've tried cheap options, proper scales are tons better.

I am verry sorry to sort of hijack the thread, but may you elaborate ? (and i do not imply at all I am in any sort or form of disagreement with your statement)

Accuracy, response time, blue LEDs, single remote display for all corners ?

(Besides the semiconductor/microcontroller itch starting again, I'm not familiar with what makes a good corner scale)

(as I intend to do it -maybe- once and maybe brag about it)

(and maybe a bespoke bumper sticker on the family wagon "I'm corner balanced")

(might have more use on the two wheeled stuff, the wheelbarrow will get away with it though)

Not at all :yes: The main difference for me was the sturdiness of the scale units and also the way in which their height was adjusted. It is imperative to have all 4 at the same level or you're wasting your time corner weighting. Even a mm or two totally screws up the reading.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.