Westfield SEIW

Slow Gin

A superb car that’s a bit different from the rest. The car has been owned by me for the last 12 months and prior to that by a WSCC member who extensively improved the car during his tenure. I bought the car with 9,597 miles and it has now done 10,578 miles. I am the forth owner.  The car will be missed and is in near perfect condition.

The car comes with a full pack of receipts for each and every purchase, since original build. I have a detailed log of all the servicing and works that has been done to the car. I have a copy of all the MOT's.  The current Mot expires on 10/12/19 . Based on the Sierra single donor vehicle kit and first registered in 2009. Literally thousands have been spent on this car (with receipts to prove).

When the previous owner first bought the car he took it to Northampton Motorsport for a thorough check-over and engine re-map, with the aim of ensuring reliability. The eventual bill was £2,245.00, but it’s been reliable ever since. The works at NMS included a new fuel filter, new starter motor, replaced engine pulleys and belt, new alternator, replacement temperature sensor, new battery, steering rack gators and a full set-up.

All the suspension bushes have been replaced for nylon items, the front wishbones changed and Tillet seats fitted at Neil Garner Motorsport. The bill was £2,439 but these works drastically improved the handling of the car and addressed an inherent maintenance issue with the Sierra SDV's wide track.

In 2015 the car was taken to Blink motorsport for the engine to be improved. The cams were replaced, the head was ported and polished, the throttle bodies were changed for longer items for improved torque (with new filer) and the cambelt was changed. The bill was £2,215, but the power increased to 182 bhp and 146 lb/ft. The car then went to Clear Motorsport to have ‘Playskool’ anti-roll bar’s fitted front and rear, along with new springs fitted to compliment the chassis changes and a full set-up. The car has a genuinely superb balance as a result.

Since then the car was professionally maintained by Corinium Motorsport until my ownership a year ago. I have maintained the car to a very high standard with the help of a skilled Motorsport Engineer and I returned the car to the rolling road in April of this year where it achieved  181.6 bhp and 133.4 lbf.ft  Dyno,print out sheets available.

This car would make a great all round road, track or competition car.

The car has always been run on super unleaded.

Specification as follows:

Engine, Cooling, gearbox and exhaust:

1.8 litre Ford Zetec with ‘Type 9’ gearbox. Jenvey throttle bodies (with long throttle body trumpets), polished and ported cylinder head and uprated cams by BLINK Motorsport, producing a proven 182 bhp and 146 lb/ft. Omex 600 ECU. Wrapped headers and carbon fibre exhaust (approx. 96 DB so will pass trackday noise tests). Raceline baffled sump and Raceline water rail cooling system.  Cambelt recently changed. Coolex radiator with integral fan (new in May 2016) with recent coolant change.

Safety:

Professionally fitted full (‘Playskool’) roll cage with side protection, battery kill switches and plumbed-in extinguisher (serviced in Feb 2017). Schroth 6 (driver) and 4-point harnesses (passenger).

Chassis:

Independent rear suspension.  New, professionally rated and fitted springs all round with Protech 2-way adjustable dampers . Corner weighted and full set-up by Clear Motorsport. Solid nylon bushes all round. ‘Playskool’ adjustable anti-roll bars front and rear. Limited slip dirrerential with breather. Team Dynamics wheels with new Avon ZZR's tyres (95/50/15 and 205/50/15).

Spare set of Team Dynamic wheels with nearly new set of Kumhos

Brakes:

Uprated AB master cylinder. Sierra brake callipers (renewed rears) and recently changed disks. Uprated pads. Braded break lines and recently changed DOT 5.1 brake fluid.

Bodywork:

Carbon fibre front wings, carbon fibre aeroscreen. New nose cone and new rear arches.

Interior:

Tillett GRP seats, both on adjustable runners.  Carbon effect tunnel cover and rear parcel shelf. Quick release Momo steering wheel. Westfield aluminium gear knob. Matching black leather with yellow stitching gators to hand-brake and gear stick. Omex Shift light integrated into the dash panel.

Others / Misc:

Tow straps front and rear. Longacre rear view mirror. 2 litre aluminium catch tank. ‘Dominator’ headlights. ‘Odyssey’ lightweight battery.  Swirl pot assembly.

A limited number of spare parts to be included with sale.

£11950 ono

07775 730481/gaius.ghinn@hotmail.com

WSCC Member. Located near to Guildford

No canvessers

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

Edited by Slow Gin
price reduction
  • Like 3

GLWS, a couple of your pics arent loading properly for me (the last two) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Spader said:

Is the car still available ?

I’m afraid they are no longer a member and so cannot reply. 

Just now, Spader said:

ok, thank you :(

But the contact details are in the ad 👍

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.