Zk/ kit rear arch

Sparkymart

What type of arch protecter?

In my experience:

Shaped carbon fibre = not with a 10mm gap which can be filled with black silicone.

Rectangular carbon fibre = yes

3M clear wrap stuff = yes

The difference is in the shape between the arch and tub side.

2 hours ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

What type of arch protecter

I was thinking about the carbon NV ones . don't think vinyl wrap would be man enough for the job

I'm curious - I  built my Westie in 1997, so I guess I have the 'kit' body work.  What is 'zk' bodywork and when did it come in? What's the reason / difference?

For what it's worth, Westfields advised that the normal width rear arch protector would not fit a wide arch. FW shape.

Terry

15 hours ago, Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO said:

I was thinking about the carbon NV ones . don't think vinyl wrap would be man enough for the job

They are nice but I believe moulded for the ZK so won't be a perfect fit for the kit type but I've seen people who have made it work with some heat, extra rivets and black silicone.

Personal I find it odd to use a more expensive material to protect fibre glass but know they look good. About 10 years ago I fitted the 3M stuff as I wanted to keep the original colour. They have done well and only off the car now because I changed from standard width to extra wide.

http://www.premierpaintguard.co.uk/westfield_selection.html

10 hours ago, Wobblyprop said:

I'm curious - I  built my Westie in 1997, so I guess I have the 'kit' body work.  What is 'zk' bodywork and when did it come in? What's the reason / difference?

There is lots of information and pictures in the FAQ you can use to work out it you have kit or zk bodywork... https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/forum/93-bodywork/

12 hours ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Personal I find it odd to use a more expensive material to protect fibre glass

I completely agree with you on that but the only other thing I've seen is the aluminium type or faux carbon and I don't like either but the piant guard looks an interesting option