Asking the impossible

Nemesis

Hello one and all, Seasons Greetings.

Can anyone make my Christmas and tell me they want to sell me a fuel tank that will suit my factory built SEiGHT (1999) It's a big unit with all manner of hose connections for the early carbon canister emission control system, I'm sure if you've got one you'll know it !!!! Vast sums of ready cash and Bribes of Fine Wines, Whiskey and Chocolates await . Or if no joy with a genuine unit, can anyone recommend an engineering firm that can copy mine?? 

Cheers all.

Nem......   

And RadTec made my Westfield SEiGHT tank to original spec (they used to make them for Westfield).

A friend of mine over Gareth over Herefordshire way will copy yours no problem 

(GJP Fabrications pictures of his work  on his facebook page and 5* feedback)

GJP Fabrications

Gareth 07557 057481

I’ve just had a screen washer bottle made by Gareth, great quality, excellent service, and he’s quick!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I’ve just had a screen washer bottle made by Gareth, great quality, excellent service, and he’s quick!

Pretty sure he can't get it in time to be under @Nemesis Christmas tree though.

I discussed a preliminary idea with him over the phone and some rough dimensions. Then called back the next day to say I’d done a proper sketch and double checked the dimensions. He told me not to worry, he’d already got it cut out and tacked up.

Really depends what he has on and the urgency of a job. 

Awesome replies thanks gent's, I'll be trying RadTech first !

Nem...... 

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I discussed a preliminary idea with him over the phone and some rough dimensions. Then called back the next day to say I’d done a proper sketch and double checked the dimensions. He told me not to worry, he’d already got it cut out and tacked up.

Really depends what he has on and the urgency of a job. 

Hi Dave Have you any photos of the washer tank that Gareth made for you.

Part of it yes, it's just dry assembled at the mo, before I get it powder coated.

Half a mo...

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Part of it yes, it's just dry assembled at the mo, before I get it powder coated.

Half a mo...

thanks no hurry, might look to get one.

I’ve designed a tank that will fit inside the cockpit, at the end of the passenger footwell, (it’s going to be protected by a footrest, which Gareth is also making).

It holds about 1.5 litres so being a little paranoid(!) ive had four mounting bosses on the bottom of it, to bolt through the floor, but also a couple of extra long bosses on the front, that will bolt through the bulkhead. (They’re extra long, as my chassis is one that came with both right hand drive and left hand drive pedal mounting brackets. I cut the main parts of the brackets that stick out off, before I paneled the chassis, intending to do this mod then, but for one reason and another never got to it. However, I still have the metal plate that the MC’s bolt to, so the bosses help clear that.)

I’ve used a sepperate pump, (eBay!) mounted on a front carrier plate, for ease of service/maintenance.

And of course, my design has no lid on it!! The filler spigot is a sepperate piece, which I got Gareth to weld a mounting flange on to. This will then fit through a hole, (sealed, of course), and stick into the engine bay, for topping up the screenwash.

89175E69-2046-4F31-B055-6A8A08DD38AA.jpeg

FE275661-67BB-42F2-B587-C85F54AC9504.jpeg

564ADEE7-7E10-4D72-9F65-4FC920D7C7D0.jpeg

As I say, he actually made it almost before I was ready! Very pleased with his stuff, deffinately be back next time I need anything fabricated.

23 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

As I say, he actually made it almost before I was ready! Very pleased with his stuff, deffinately be back next time I need anything fabricated.

Thanks Dave, looks a tidy job he did there..think I'll need to get the tape measure out and see what I can do...

WARNING!

Actual, real Christmas stuff only happens here in the WSCC...

What a great response, overt evidence of why you lot are the best.

Thank you...

• Haha 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.