vw touareg

Rednop1

I think the younger slightly better looking  Everall brother runs one and tows the westy to sprints with it.

Simon ( you eyes must be failing!:laugh:) as I am the better looking one but Steve is younger 

Also he does not drive a Toureg but the smaller VW  Tiguan.

Should have gone to supersavers :o:)

• Haha 2

Looking at buying one 

Looking for info of what to look out for ?

best engine package to purchase?

240 spec 3.0 diesel after 2007. Bullet proof engine. Occasional prop bearing issues but that's fixable without replacing prop. Can be heavy on tyres.

Had many and loved them. Even ran at work a 2005 w12 6litre. Brilliant but thirsty. Very reliable and that was used only for towing a 3.5 ton trailer. 

Underestimated by many.

May buy another.

Depends what year your looking at and what milage, that's if you think about one out of the showroom?

Have 2015 plate 3L V6 diesel Bluemotion with 262 bhp and gets it from 0 to 60 in under 8 seconds. Not bad for a 2 ton + motor.

To be honest about the best 4x4 motor I have had so far. Its a big motor to through about, but it handles it well. Auto gearbox (8 gears) works well and car holds a straight line in windy conditions.

Tyres will last about 10 to 12,000 miles, currently running Avons and quite impressed.

Mileage, well with a heavy foot which i have 30mpg, driving Miss Daisy about 35 to 40. Its got a whopping great big fuel tank on it and can take up to £100 to fill it.

Wish I had stuck it out for the air suspension which they all rave about but secondhand they aren't many about and costs a bit more.

Does that help?