Superb Westfield XI

stephenh

I've just found the Car and Classics on line market place, offering free for sale adverts., so I've posted on that site.

The weather is due to start warming up by next weekend, so anyone seriously interested maybe needs to think about their offer!

• 2 weeks later...

2 offers so far, but both from people who haven't seen the car, just offering what they think they can afford rather than what they think the car is worth. So still on the market.

I've just been out for a quick spin about 5 miles, just long enough to get the engine warm and recharge the battery a bit and circulate the oils in the engine gearbox and axle. Unfortunately the people who have sounded as if they may be good potential buyers are all a long way from me so haven't been to see the car.  I am sure that if a serious enquirer came and saw the car and had a ride in it they would be "sold" on it as the way it accelerates and goes round corners is extraordinary considering the relatively small engine and simple suspension with ordinary road tyres. 

• Like 1

I might well do that, Martin. It depends on the weather though, as I have sold my trailer so the only way of getting it to Stoneleigh is to drive it there.:)

+1 for taking it to Stoneleigh (on the Sunday) even if you had to hire a trailer.

Simon

Well wouldn't you know it? Now I've got a potential  buyer who actually wants to come and see the car, and what does the weather do? Looks like the high wind and rain is set in for the day. At least tomorrow is looking better. I hope.

• Like 1

@stephenh good luck for tomorrow. I am trying to message you and can't, is your inbox full?

1 hour ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

@stephenh good luck for tomorrow. I am trying to message you and can't, is your inbox full?

Not full, Julie, in fact I've just deleted several conversations which I don't now need, and it is down to about 8% used capacity.  So no idea what the problem was.

• Thanks 1

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO when I try and send a PM it says that the receiving person cannot receive messages. I am trying to send one to MattV also and I am getting the same? grr, any ideas Chris?

9 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO when I try and send a PM it says that the receiving person cannot receive messages. I am trying to send one to MattV also and I am getting the same? grr, any ideas Chris?

They must have full in boxes or membership lapsed. 

Well my inbox isn't full, and my membership hasn't lapsed as far as I know!

Julie is your message box ok? I'm just dashing out, I'll try messaging you later this morning.

Stoneleigh looms. A good opportunity to showcase this great product and get it sold

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.