tc3nitro

IVA 1st February !

Adge Cutler Dorset AO

Forgot to say: Perverse as it sounds, try and enjoy the day! It's an interesting experience you'll remember. Sure the examiner will set you at ease.

Take it gently in what promises to be "interesting" road conditions by the sound of it ;)

Thrustyjust
27 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Forgot to say: Perverse as it sounds, try and enjoy the day! It's an interesting experience you'll remember. Sure the examiner will set you at ease.

Take it gently in what promises to be "interesting" road conditions by the sound of it ;)

The car looks great and first impressions work with the tester. He wants you to be safe on the roads , so thats his job to confirm the build is. As Adge says, try and enjoy the day. I found it mentally exhausting , but potentially from my nerves . 

• Like 1

tc3nitro

Thanks gents !

I am really not looking forward to driving there in these temperatures.

BugMan

Yep, -6 here this morning so bl**** cold, although I did get out on Sunday and had a good 80m blast around the area testing a few small changes.

I'm sure you will be Ok, and Johnno mentioned he had done you a pre-IVA check and it was good.

As other say don't go in thinking they are trying to fail you, it's in your interest that the car is safe and sound.  Just be warned if it anything like mine the examiner will set the seen early that most fail but don't get to down on that, remember these poor people see all spectrums and mine told me of some of the rubbish things people had tried to get away with, just be honest I bet they can spot a lie a mile off.

Are you taking any pictures along with you, on thinks like the seat belt anchor points?  I was told of a few examiners wanting to see how the belt was fitted, and how the boss was welded on, but suspect that was a new examiner who had not seen a WF b4, as we had an incident of one asking for blueprints last year, which got bounced back to Mark at WF.

Sure you will have this sorted, but take a bag of spare bits and bobs, and a decent set of tools as I had my steering 1st UJ go lose on me on the first trip, so had time to correct b4 the IVA started.  All thing rubber like trip etc might be useful but from your pictures all looks good, but shows the examiner you are prepared.

Given the weather just be gentle on the loud pedal on the road, mine stepped out on a junction on Sun, which gave me a bit of a smile and try to enjoy the experience.

The very best of luck

Let us know as soon as you can the results?

Steve :westy:

• Like 1

MHB1991

Best of luck for tomorrow & drive carefully! 

• Like 1

Gary Taylor - Scotland AO

Good luck tomorrow 

• Like 1

Team_Awesome

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Rhett - Joint Black Country AO

Good luck tomorrow, I hope the weather is not too unkind to you, looks like your in an area that won't be suffering to much. 

• Like 1

Rich201060

Good luck tomorrow :yes:

• Like 1

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Enjoy the day and come home with a pass :yes:

• Like 1

Dean Goodall

All the best, car looks good.

Hope your 'IVA TEST' plates prove to be a lucky charm.

u got biscuits for the examiner?

• Like 1

Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Good luck for tomorrow. 

See you on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

tc3nitro
2 hours ago, Dean Goodall said:

All the best, car looks good.

Hope your 'IVA TEST' plates prove to be a lucky charm.

u got biscuits for the examiner?

Biscuits in with the tools !

3 packs.....

• Haha 2

Thrustyjust

Has the list grown now to include 1/ snow chains 2/ snow shovel, 3/ igloo 4/ flares ? :laugh:

Thrustyjust
34 minutes ago, tc3nitro said:

Biscuits in with the tools !

3 packs.....

I took some along with me. When I noticed the examiner getting his lunch and nibbles out his satchel ( yes, really) and then 'logically' lining them up in some kind of eating order :o. I decided that the selection I brought with me , might have pushed him over the edge and may have crashed my chances of a pass. So, I ate a packet and a half on the way home as my lunch :d