tc3nitro

IVA 1st February !

tc3nitro

Submitted my paperwork last Wednesday and had an email this morning asking me to pay and arrange a date.

I decided on Friday 1st Feb at Beverley.

This gives me plenty of time to go over the car.... I will post up some pictures of the car tomorrow.

Mark

• Like 2

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

It will soon come round, exciting times :)

Gary Taylor - Scotland AO

Yep it’ll be here before you know it :d

Chris Brading

Great news! Chuffed for you.

Driving or trailer? Don’t forget the WD40 on the rear brakes :devil:

• Like 1

Thrustyjust
1 hour ago, Chris Brading said:

Driving or trailer? Don’t forget the WD40 on the rear brakes :devil:

Shhhhh, its a trade secret that !! :d

• Like 1

Chris Brading
9 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Shhhhh, its a trade secret that !! :d

Shall I edit it to UB40 on the Radio?

• Haha 2

tc3nitro

I have not decided if I am going to trailer it or drive it.

Drive it would be my first choice but it depends on the forecast.

I am planning to try get some miles on it using a local airfield.

tc3nitro

Got the covers and some work done on the front end if anyone spots anything I have missed please shout up.

DA62AA9B-E9B4-4617-A73B-4F92A8192586.jpeg

BB2BBBD1-6866-4458-B38D-DE4CF6474C42.jpeg

62B34E6C-98CB-44FD-B3E7-22655A50A5E5.jpeg

• Like 2

tc3nitro

I tried to find a contact number for the test centre I have booked in at (Beverley) but can't find any numbers online. I have called the DVSA and asked for it but they don't have the number.

Does anyone have the contact number so I can check about speedo calibration and what I will need if they can't test it ?

Regards

Mark

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO
23 minutes ago, tc3nitro said:

I tried to find a contact number for the test centre I have booked in at (Beverley) but can't find any numbers online. I have called the DVSA and asked for it but they don't have the number.

Does anyone have the contact number so I can check about speedo calibration and what I will need if they can't test it ?

Regards

Mark

You're unlikely to get one! Frustrating isn't it! They've downsized most IVA test centres and hence the one guy doing the testing doesn't want to be on the phone all day etc.

If you're using a Dash2- you can take page 11 of the manual which shows the calculation and then you can show them the value entered in your dash.

If it's traditional speedo, you'll need a certificate of calibration from the factory.

tc3nitro

I am using the AIM MXS Strada 1.2.

I can show them the instructions and programming no problem.

Have emailed the DVSA technical queries and explained my issue but I can't help feeling I will just get a generic reply !

• Like 1

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO
9 minutes ago, tc3nitro said:

I am using the AIM MXS Strada 1.2.

I can show them the instructions and programming no problem.

Have emailed the DVSA technical queries and explained my issue but I can't help feeling I will just get a generic reply !

@AdgeC  / @BugMan how do you fair on this aspect of your IVA (assuming you're running the AIM Dash?)

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
1 hour ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

@AdgeC  / @BugMan how do you fair on this aspect of your IVA (assuming you're running the AIM Dash?)

Yep, Aim dash on my 250, supplied with the kit, therefore WF were happy to provide a speedo calibration certificate.

It describes the speed sensor set up on the front wheel, based on Toyo tyres as standard OE setup. Details rolling circumference, and therefore number of pulses per mile.

This pulse figure was then entered into the dash via Race Studio.

As I was setting it up ( in RS) I took a photo of the set up screens, and had it with me on my iPad at my IVA.

My IVA examiner studied the certificate and was happy with it without looking at RS screen shots.

• Like 1

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

@tc3nitro checked back through my IVA info from 2017, only phone no I have is a central one: tel:0300 123 9000. Guess you've probably already got it, but just in case.

How far away is the test centre. Maybe you could you call in and see if you could make an appointment for some guidance from the relevant person?

Found everybody very helpful at Exeter, sure they will be at most test centres.

• Like 1

BugMan

Even with the AIM dash you need the speed calibration cert from WF, or at least I did, not sure about your setup as you got your dash independently?  Not sure showing them cal's in the AIM would do it but outside of my experience.

Just looked at the pictures on your front braided brake lines, just make sure they don't interfere with anything lock-to-lock.  Also on the sleeves on the steering, make sure they are easy to pull-back as they will want to see the lock-nut.  I used some plain old grease on mine just to make it easier to move as they do start to go hard after a while.  As for nut-covers I had them on every conceivable nut/bolt everywhere and my IVA examiner started taking them off to give back to me, but I think it shows the right approach to cover up everything.

As Bagpuss says, you will not get anything back from IVA, and TBH I didn't think Bawtry was doing cars anymore as I went to Chadderton, Manchester as my primary choice, think it was related to availability of examiners at the time though, so could easily be in-correct.

On the drive-or-trailer, if you have an option I'd trailer first if you can and get there early as there is a big bit of simulated road at the center (well the Mcr one anyway) so you can check for things like self-center when coming out of a turn etc.  Can't see it's very likely but if they find a major flaw your not allowed to drive back, and TBH the first drive for me was a little scarry, and your insurance might be voided.

Might be useful if you can to get another builder to have a look over the car as a sort of pre-IVA check as it's easy to miss something.

Hope my 2p worth helps a bit :westy:

• Like 3