Tiroler Stuberl, Bakewell, Sat 29th Dec, 11.00am, Peak District

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Agricultural Business Centre Car Park, Agricultural Way, Bakewell, DE45 1AQ at 11am on Saturday 29th December for lunch in an Austrian Coffee Shop and Sausage Importer. Why can't I say 'sausage importer' without laughing? ooh matron you are naughty.

Right, serious Julie, be serious, this place is a 17th century cottage and inside it is modelled on an Austrian mountain cabin. There is a full range of imported sausages on the menu and their specialty is a sausage soup (stop sniggering). Other food is also available. To finish you can choose homemade Apfelstrudel or fruitcake amongst other items. Joe and Julie Leichtfried have been running this place for over 27 years and it has a very good reputation.

Coming in from the A6 Matlock, take the right hand filter lane for Town Centre Parking and coaches, go along Agricultural Way, there are 420 parking spaces (I don't think we will have that many people out though). Parking is £3.30 for up to 3 hours.

We will be in the Westfield unless it is biblical rain and if anyone else comes in their Westfield I can do a little run out afterwards if you like. Otherwise bring out your tin tops and just join us for a nice chat and lunch.

All sausages are GLUTEN FREE (I only wrote that so I could say sausage again) sausage.

Anyone fancy joining us?

Due to a forced change of plans, looks like I will be around this weekend after all.

If this is still on, would be a nice break.

yes, yes, yes, it is absolutely still on PLUS it is Westie weather, look forward to seeing you (sshh in your tin top)

• Haha 1

At the risk of making Julie laugh out loud - I am defo up for a bit of German sausage!  Just me as too far for Clare in one day :(  Mad Dog Pete not going to be awake early enough to come. Strangely looking forward to being by myself in The Beast after having 11 people staying at my home over Xmas!

• Haha 2

Thank you Julie and Glen for organising a lovely day out and to Dave Eastwood for coming. Just what was needed after the Christmas festivities. 20D3FAD3-1BCA-4BA8-A6A9-6EBB016E5B1E.thumb.jpeg.b1f194b0f5aaf314f481bda784b6f885.jpeg

F8AADEB5-ECA8-48BE-B20A-ADB629296F5C.thumb.jpeg.9104954ef76fdf4dfe9adce776731f3e.jpeg

A4D8503E-52D3-4743-90F8-4B28E1F25E4F.thumb.jpeg.2603f672964aef0a313aea50181fba18.jpeg

B991F497-6098-444B-8B01-A249179A40E5.thumb.jpeg.d7a398ff1a5e2b954f32a604b84102a3.jpeg

Happy New Year to all :)

• Like 1

I don't know what Glen and I were saying to each other in the cafe :d but he can stop standing at the drivers side of the car when you get your camera out :d

Thank you Andrew and Dave for a fantastic day out. I even kept my wheels in the same plane as the car this week :t-up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A little gem of a cafe, thanks for finding and sharing Julie and Glen! A good day, even if I was Westie less, had to drive along with the windows down, just to listen to Andrew's glorious V8 soundtrack. 

Thanks to all three of you, Julie, Glen, Andrew, needed a day like today, after last weeks worries.

• Like 2

We were in Bakewell today at the same time can't believe I didn't see this event this week :bangshead:

Hopefully catch up soon the garage is calling tomorrow for the second half of my date with the chassis cleaning exercise. Happy new year

• Sad 1

Meeting up in Bakewell... (eventually, - after I went to the wrong car park, and then attempted to off-road, over a cyclo-cross course, Just before a race meet, to get to the right one!)

CF71C416-3924-424F-8CEB-37D31C79017B.jpeg

It’s very hard not to get photos of everyone with a silly grin on their faces, when you long huge German sausages down in front of them!

3DF61DA6-2870-4183-857B-9271D1B9605C.jpeg

D01CFBB9-B926-4182-B155-92320883DAB5.jpeg

Mind you, I’m not sure if Julie was looking more “concerned” about her crusty curried sausages, or my Cat Poo Cafetierre that was sat in front of her :oops:

7B6B8C93-093F-4133-8977-3DDE698C49B6.jpeg

And a final cake and coffee/tea stop of the day! The Stone Museum cafe does a lovely scone tea!

AE6E1EB2-CDCC-4662-939C-102A13B6B52F.jpeg

• Like 1

...and for what it’s worth, the Cat Poo Coffee was very nice, (Kopi Luwak If ive remembered the proper name right). Glad I’ve tried it after keep seeing it talked about on TV and in those “factoid” type snippets on the radio. Nice as it is though, hard to really justify the price on taste alone, if you dint know the “novelty” value. 

Tried it, done it, highly doubt I’d bother again :d

I did try to explain to my pet cat what I’d had.

He’s avoiding me now...

FD30AA24-BA22-4158-AB2F-FF77357D20F0.jpeg

• Haha 2

Let's start with the 400 year old Austrian Coffee House

DSC06862.JPG

Share your lunch with an Ibex to the sound of cuckoo clocks and cow bells

DSC06866.JPG

And imagine that you are in the mountains 

DSC06868.JPG

The cafe is upstairs and downstairs is the shop full of imported goodies

DSC06877.JPG

Andrew and us parked up in Bakewell, along with all the cyclists who were taking part in a British Cycling Cylco-Cross event. There were some nice expensive bicycles being titivated at the back of vans. 

DSC06855.JPG

Shortly after Big Foot arrived.

DSC06857.JPG

A short walk through the pretty, tourist village of Bakewell and we all sat down to decide what to eat. That was the easy bit, sausages of course, with currywurst sauce and mustard. I think I/we had Kasekrainer and I had a Bratwurst, it was all very unusual.There was a smoky one and a spicy one in there somewhere too.

DSC06870.JPG

It was the drink that got interesting. Dave had a KOPI LUWAK, which is a coffee, where the coffee berries are eaten and partly digested by the Asian Palm Civet (native cat). After gathering, these beans are thoroughly washed and sundried to leave an intense, yet delicate flavour. This process takes place on the islands of Sumatra, Java and Sulawesi, in the Indonesian archipelago. Us mere mortals just had coffee :d

DSC06869.JPG

Next up was Caramel Apple Pie with ice cream for the boys, notice the old oak beam in the roof and how it sags. 'Glen, I am going to need a seriously bigger anorak'

DSC06874.JPG

I went for the Apfelstrudel and cream, just excuse Dave's naughty hand going for the pie :d

DSC06875.JPG

The conversation somehow went from the Wheeler Dealers program, restoring a Honda S2000 and the very good coverage of how to fix the engine when the VTech had stopped working, to horny sausage dogs and their inability to climb stairs, of which I am still laughing about now.

Moving quickly on, we took a nice route over to a cafe with new owners who make their own cherry and walnut scones, a sure bet that will draw in the Westfield owners

DSC06883.JPG

In the absence of a drone, Dave got inventive with his photography angles

DSC06879.JPG

DSC06881.JPG

It was nice to put a silver lining on Dave's cloud, offer Andrew some relief from visiting relatives and Glen is pleased that my company was diluted by other people after putting up with me all week. Simon, I mentioned the Gluten Free sausages in the hope you and Michelle could come along, sorry we missed you.

Thanks for a great day out, I am pining for next weekend already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1