Car stuck in tree.

DonPeffers

I worked as a recovery driver in the early 80's and went to an accident where a Triumph Stag had launched off the road and got stuck around 40 feet up a tree in the Vee of two very sturdy trunks.

The drunk driving was unhurt, and Dave's mate was correct the more p******** they were the less they got hurt, it was uncanny. Getting it out was not fun at all. The council refused permission to lop a trunk off as it had a preservation order on it so we had to cut it in half to release it. This was the days before camera phones, or mad health and safety as cutting a car in half 40ft up off ladders was probably the maddest  thing I ever did for work.

It was cheaper to do this for the insurance than pay for cranes etc to try to lift it out 

If you ever get the choice in an accident never hit a tree, I have seen house with cars go through walls pretty much intact, but never seen a car hit a tree at speed and be intact

10 minutes ago, jeff oakley said:

If you ever get the choice in an accident never hit a tree, I have seen house with cars go through walls pretty much intact, but never seen a car hit a tree at speed and be intact

Same village as the post above, we have a straight road in, but then a couple of bends. Guy who went to school with a mate of mine, decided to go for the Capri land speed record on the straight. No idea of what he achieved, but he didnt make the corner and went into the woods and hit a tree and for many years the pinto crank was embedded into the tree and the car was virtually in 2 halves. He didnt survive. Trees arent good to hit. 

16 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Trees arent good to hit. 

Tell that to Marc Bolan

Groan! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I bet he feels a right sap now...