Car blower

Andy Banks

With a couple of classic Minis that suffer when wet, thinking that a car blower might be useful to get the water off the bodywork and more importantly out of the nooks and crannies.

This for example: https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/metro-vac-air-force-blaster?UA-26518971-1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgMPgBRDDARIsAOh3uyKTzNOm6SQYWbNjBMbT1EPMdewiFQ6RHsfyY4SSwVp22BWyC8vH0foaAp1eEALw_wcB

Anyone had experience or can recommend?

That kind of money, I'd get a leaf blower and some plastic piping and pocket £100 . Then use the leaf blower in the garden and keep the missus happy too :d

Screwfix wet and dry vacuum

This also has the ability to blow. I haven't tried it but had thought about it.  A little bit of adoption of one of the tubes would give you a nozzle.

It's a handy 'garage' vacuum as well, and it isn't until you have a wet vacuum that you discover how useful they can be.

Thanks Folks.

Don't have a garage and limited need for a Wet/Dry but it is worth considering of course.

I have a leaf blower and have used it in the past, it's just a bit big and unruly and I'm not sure what fashioning a hose attachment will do to the motor, but, I'm keen to try; so may need to buy a new one anyway if it goes wrong :oops: :d

I hadn't thought about a compressor, will do some research as, yes, it has a range of other uses when messing about with cars.

13 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Thanks Folks.

Don't have a garage and limited need for a Wet/Dry but it is worth considering of course.

I have a leaf blower and have used it in the past, it's just a bit big and unruly and I'm not sure what fashioning a hose attachment will do to the motor, but, I'm keen to try; so may need to buy a new one anyway if it goes wrong :oops: :d

I hadn't thought about a compressor, will do some research as, yes, it has a range of other uses when messing about with cars.

Where do you keep a couple of classic minis and a Westfield?

On the drive, not a big drive either. It's kinda like that game, gridlock most of the time :(

3 hours ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

I hadn't thought about a compressor, will do some research as, yes, it has a range of other uses when messing about with cars

One of the best things I ever bought.

I got something like this but with a 100 litre tank. It drives everything except a die grinder which uses a LOT of air and empties the tank faster than the motor can fill it...

Car blowers/dryers are rebranded pet/ dog dryers and can be had for approx 1/3 the price on eBay ;) 

• Like 1

Also rebranded sometimes as “the wind” and can be had for free outside. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, RussH said:

Also rebranded sometimes as “the wind” and can be had for free outside. 

Mines available inside the house, much to the currents wifes disapproval :laugh:

14 hours ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Tempted with the compressor idea...

How do you manage without one!

get it bought...

30 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

How do you manage without one!

get it bought...

Done. One of these, a decent hose, some connectors and couple of basic tools including the all important blower. It's not gonna put out any fires or grind much other than porridge but it'll do.