Parts coming up for sale as the car gets its winter upgrades!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

16 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

No problem, all!

Just the frames, or hoods as well? (I only ask, as frames, though awkward to pack, might be a little easier to post). If it’s hoods and frames, could be one for the Westfield courier service?

Hi Dave just the frame I require, thanks 

• Like 1

If the Caterham style luggage rack doesn’t go I’d like second dibs please. 

Thanks 

Steve

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Right, a few pics etc as some parts are now off.

Caterham Luggage rack, with strap. New these are £90 from Caterham, plus strap. These are frequently out of stock, I had to wait over a year on back order at Caterham, for this one! And even then, I had to make the proper strap for it, as they have still not had any more made, over two years from first ordering!

image.jpg

image.jpg

The rack hooks over the spare wheel carrier on a traditional bodywork car, and the strap is used to fasten the top edge to the top of the spare wheel, though obviously you could customize to suit! As I was paranoid about it bouncing loose, (it never did), I added a hole through the bottom of each leg, that you could clip an R-Clip through, to lock it on to the spare wheel carrier. I also covered the same lower leg sections in heat shrink so that they would damage the carriers powder coat.

This is under twelve months old. £50 with strap, as you see above.

Thanks.

Unfortunately this will be no good to me as I’ve got a FW rear .For some reason I thought it was the kind that attaches to the roll bar .

At that price I’m sure someone else will snap it up .

Steve 

Nope, this is the kind that lets you still see out the back, when loaded up! :d

no worries, though!

Hi Dave is the diff still for sale , liz is now 16 and applying for her msa licence but after my  accident last February we haven't done the car .the chassis will be going to blasting and powdercoat in 2 weeks. 

We have a 3.62 lsd diff. And will be running a type 9 gearbox on 13 in wheels but only a 1395 cc k series engine 105 bhp so a 3.9 diff would be better. Interested in what you think. 

Thanks chris and liz 

Hopefully we will be starting a build thread later in the week 

Hi Chris,

A couple of people had said they’d have it, but no final firm commitments from either. I haven’t had replies to my pre-Christmas PM’s with the details, allowing for Christmas, I’ll give them a few more days to respond, and then assume it was of no Interest, after all.

D

• 1 month later...

I do!

32 minutes ago, Jon Wilkinson said:

Hi Dave have you sold the diff? 

Sorry, yes, it’s sold.

33 minutes ago, Jonsey said:

Hi Dave, price please delivered to td113xs, cheers Jim.

Will try and work it out, over the weekend. (It’s the carriage that will be awkward as it’s such a tricky/bulky shape, yet bends easily too, so needs protection.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.