(ENGINE NOW SOURCED so NLR) Motor bike engine package

iowlee

Is there anyone that has a bike engine package available(including electrics etc, dry dumped would be a bonus)? Thinking Busa or similar.

open to ideas of other engine options 

Lee

What you get depends a lot on budget and doing some of the install yourself and of course what you will use it for

An option to the Busa is the Honda CBR1000RR (2009 onwards)which does not need a dry sump system only a baffled sump. Both will need exhaust manifold and silencer etc which is costly.

5 minutes ago, terry everall said:

What you get depends a lot on budget and doing some of the install yourself and of course what you will use it for

An option to the Busa is the Honda CBR1000RR (2009 onwards)which does not need a dry sump system only a baffled sump. Both will need exhaust manifold and silencer etc which is costly.

Budget can be flexible depending on what’s on offer, I appreciate exhaust etc will be needed.

i have had a few people recommend the blade, never experienced it myself. Have had a busa as a road bike and loved the power delivery. The cbr not needing dry sump is a little appealing.

can it genuinely survive without one?

Lee

Forgot to say, budget can be flexible but I am trying to do it without breaking the bank. However I think I have most parts except the drivetrain and cage. 

Use an Andy Bates AB Performance sump and its fine

Thanks for your help Terry.

I will have a look at that conversion. 

Note to anyone reading this, If anyone on here has one for sale please let me know. 

Lee

I've got a few engine cradles and exhaust for a Suzuki GSXR 1000 which is the other engine to use, but you need a good sump with them. Engine of choice for single seater guys as more power, but there have been loads of bar debates about that one :D 

10 minutes ago, Nick - Joint North East AO said:

I've got a few engine cradles and exhaust for a Suzuki GSXR 1000 which is the other engine to use, but you need a good sump with them. Engine of choice for single seater guys as more power, but there have been loads of bar debates about that one :D 

Sounds interesting, I’ve pm’d you.

Lee

I could build you a 'Busa unit from the parts I have on the shelf - that way you could make any reliability/performance enhancements straight away before you fitted the motor.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.